Chapter 4: Explanations

(Rokuta's point of view)
"How long will it take for us to make it to where you live?", I asked the man after almost a hour of walking down the path in silence while pulling the wooden cart. "A whole week.", he replied. "Didn't you say you would explain something?", Sumiko. "Yes. I'm Kagaya Ubuyashiki, current leader of the Demon Slayer Corps, a military organization dedicated to defending civilians from demons at night.", he replied. "Do they always survive?", she asked. "No. Countless members have lost their lives trying to defend themselves and citizens during the war between us and the demons.", Kagaya replied. "How was the war started in the first place?", I asked. "The demon king almost ten whole centuries ago.", he replied. "There's more demons than just him?!", Sumiko asked. "Yes. There's also normal demons and the twelve demon moons.", he responded. "How does this have anything to do with our parents going missing?", we asked at the same time. "Well, the disappearance of Mr. & Mrs. Kamado may be the demon king's doing.", he replied. "What?!", I asked. "I have a very strong feeling it was Kibutsuji who turned your family into demons.", he responded. "Who?", I asked. "The demon king Muzan Kibutsuji.", he replied. "What?!", we asked. "Much like myself, he knows about the original breathing style. And because he strives to create a demon capable of walking under the sun, he may have targeted your family in order to accomplish this.", Kagaya responded. "Is there any way to revert my family back into humans?", Sumiko asked. "A female doctor I know may be able to help with that.", he replied. "Where does she live?", I asked. "The outskirts of Tokyo.", he responded. "Will you be able to send her a letter?", I asked. "Probably. But it will have to wait until we reach my mansion.", he replied.