Chapter 3: The Beginning Of A Weeklong Road Journey

(Kagaya's point of view)
"Is that basket really the only one you have?", I asked Sumiko. "Yes. I'm deeply sorry, but my family and I can't afford any nice clothing.", she replied. "Then it seems the Kamado family truly is poor.", I thought as she walked towards me and her siblings. "Sister.", Rokuta said. "Yes, Rokuta?", she asked. "How do you think we're going to be able to transport Nezuko, Takeo, Hanako and Shigeru during the day without exposing them to the sunlight?", he asked. "He has a point. You will need a way to keep these four hidden from the sun during the daytime.", I agreed in reply and she sighed. "If that's the case, it seems we will have to use this to do so.", she said after turning her gaze to the wooden cart beside the house. "That wooden cart is better than nothing. Besides, bringing it with us will allow us to transport them and a lot of items without much difficulty.", I replied as I walked over to it. "Hey, mister.", Rokuta said as I helped him and Sumiko get their siblings into the cart before she walked back into the house to grab something to place over the wooden cart. "Yes?", I asked in reply. "Why are you here in the first place?", he asked. "I'd like to know the same thing.", she agreed as she came out with a large fabric blanket in her hands. I sighed as I helped her place the fabric blanket over the wooden cart. "I specifically came here alone for the purpose of recruiting Sumiko as a demon slayer.", I replied as we began walking down the path while they pulled the wooden cart behind them. "Me?!", Sumiko asked aloud as she looked over at me. "Yes. I will explain it on the way to where I live.", I replied.