"As expected of the Second Brother, he has only been in the official position for a few years and is already a fifth-grade official." He was completely admired by Cui Mucheng of the third branch, Cui Muli's fanboy.

"Second Brother... he has been extremely talented and smart since he was a child. This eldest brother is ashamed of himself and admires you." The smile was forced, but there was a hint of sadness in the envy. He was the eldest son, Cui Muliang.

He is not as intelligent as Cui Muli. He was barely admitted as a tribute scholar when he was nearly 20 years old, and received a casual position in Taichang Temple. Three years later, his butt has not moved, and he is still just an eighth-grade official.

Cui Muwen on the side saw that his elder brother was in a low mood and was drinking one glass after another. He reminded him in a low voice: "Big Brother, you should drink less. Father said that you and I need to change our strategy tonight."

Cui Muliang was helpless and put down his wine glass slumpedly, his face full of frustration and weariness.

No matter how hard he tried to catch up, he could never compare to his cousin who was six years younger. His father had high hopes for him, but he always... always disappointed him!

Only Cui Muwen, who was born from the same mother as him, understood these concerns best. Although he was only thirteen years old, his father reminded him every day, telling him to work hard and catch up with his second cousin, Cui Muli. Thinking of this, Cui Muwen couldn't help but smile bitterly and looked at Cui Muli, who was talking and laughing with others.

He passed the national examination at the age of thirteen, and was appointed the number one scholar by the Emperor at the age of seventeen. How could he imitate such a talented person? His father placed his hopes on him and his eldest brother, but did not want to think about the fact that he had never even passed the imperial examination...

The two sons of the big house were depressed, but the others didn't realize it. They drank and drank while talking loudly, and they were all happy.

Cui Muli held the wine cup in his hand, smiled slightly, and listened patiently to others.

Zhou Niannan, who was always active, was quieter than usual. He was absent-minded and his pair of long eyes glanced somewhere from time to time.

——In the women's seat next door, Xie Miao was leaning sideways, listening intently to Cui Xining's words. From beginning to end, her eyes never really fell on Cui Muli.

Zhou Niannan was in an inexplicably good mood. He raised his head and drank the wine in one gulp.

A maid came in excitedly and said with a smile: "Sirs, Misses, it's snowing outside. Do you want to go to the garden to enjoy the snow?"

Everyone clapped their hands and smiled. The first snow of the year came at the right time. Everyone got up and put on their cloaks, and the ladies also held hand stoves. A group of people filed towards the Cui Mansion Garden.

The gentlemen are in front, and the young ladies follow closely behind.

Xie Miao and Cui Xining were standing together. Cui Xijun saw this and calmly pulled Cui Xining over and led her to the other sisters.

Cui Xining was helpless and gave Xie Miao an apologetic look. Xie Miao waved her hand slightly, indicating that it was okay.

After three years in Cui Mansion, she has become accustomed to finding joy in her own way.

She followed slowly, and the snowflakes floated leisurely from the blue sky, like catkins dancing, and like butterflies fluttering, resting quietly on her shoulders. She spread her hands and picked up the scattered crystals, seeing them being warmed by the palm of her hand and turning into a thin layer of moisture.