Chapter 29: Mito's Selective Memory

Start from the beginning

In the Hokage's office, a prolonged silence enveloped the room before Uzumaki Mito finally broke it with a sigh, "If Tobirama were still alive, he would likely appreciate this child."

Cough, cough~ "Tatsuma's decisive actions do bear a resemblance to Tobirama-sensei, to some extent."

With Uzumaki Mito initiating the conversation, Sarutobi Hiruzen, who had broken out in a cold sweat, visibly expressed his relief. In that fleeting moment, the chakra emanating from Uzumaki Mito's conjured memories of his childhood training in the Senju clan territory.

Mito-sama's decision to bring a child from the Uzumaki Clan doesn't appear to be influenced by any health concerns. For the time being, Mito-sama's physical condition remains robust. Reflecting on this, Sarutobi Hiruzen made a mental note to thoroughly counsel the obstinate Danzo later tonight. Failing to do so might lead to dire consequences if Mito-sama were to be displeased.

"However, it seems Tatsuma may not be the most suitable partner for Kushina."

Sarutobi Hiruzen broached the topic once more, prompting Uzumaki Mito to consider before responding, "Let's observe. Perhaps he could still be a viable choice. Given his personality, he might not be overly concerned about the Jinchuriki matter, after all."

"And when the time comes, we'll also need to take into account Kushina's own desires. Our goal is to eliminate those who are unequivocally unsuitable."

"Understood."

Sarutobi Hiruzen refrained from challenging Uzumaki Mito's decision. When he returned from the battlefield with Tobirama-sama's wishes for him to succeed as Hokage, he encountered significant opposition. His ascension to the position of Hokage was primarily facilitated by Uzumaki Mito's support. Moreover, with the recent surge in Chakra from her, Mito-sama's status and strength remained formidable, dissuading Sarutobi Hiruzen from acting rashly.

Uzumaki Mito acknowledged with a nod, rising from her seat. "I won't interrupt your work any further."

"Mito-sama, are you heading out?"

"Yes, I need to consider how to console Kushina."

...

Later in the afternoon, after school, Kushina returned home and, much like the previous week's first day of school, withdrew into her room, refusing to emerge. Mito, as customary, patiently waited until dinner time before entering Kushina's room. She settled on the edge of the bed, offering silent companionship as Kushina remained concealed under the covers.

"Grandma Mito, I can't surpass them."

After a moment, Kushina lifted her head from the covers, wearing a crestfallen expression. Mito extended her hand, gently running her fingers through Kushina's hair, and spoke soothingly:

"It's entirely expected. Among that group, Minato and Tatsuma are akin to the alpha wolves in a pack. As a new member, it's only natural not to surpass them right away. Consider yourself as another member of the pack—initially subdued by the alpha wolves. Your journey now is to live and evolve within the pack, patiently awaiting the chance to overcome the alpha wolves in the future."

Upon hearing Mito's explanation, Kushina nodded, though a lingering sense of unease persisted. She inquired, "Mito Grandma, didn't you mention they were fat cats last time?"

"Did I? Mito Grandma is growing old; making mistakes is only natural."

Mito glossed over the question and swiftly shifted the topic, remarking, "You must have noticed that the strength of those two youngsters doesn't compare to yours. Do you know why you still struggle against them?"

"Why?"

Kushina, easily riled but also easily appeased, watched Mito with curiosity. Mito, witnessing Kushina emerge from the covers, nonchalantly shrugged and offered a smile. "Because you haven't fully harnessed this power—the power that belongs to our Uzumaki Clan."

"The power of the Uzumaki Clan?"

"Exactly. We Uzumaki Clan members are born naturals in Sealing Jutsu. Master all the Sealing Jutsu unique to our clan, and those two won't stand a chance against you."

Uzumaki Mito concluded her statement with a smile, and suddenly, five gleaming golden chains materialized behind her. Spearheads and barbs adorned the front of the chains, projecting an aura of immense power and lethality.

Entranced by the chains, Kushina gazed at them, prompting Mito to smile and inquire, "What do you think? Are you interested in learning?"

Kushina eagerly nodded, and Mito affectionately patted her back. "You can't learn on an empty stomach. Come have dinner with Grandma."

"Okay!"

----

Check out my patreon for more advanced chapters up to 50 at patreon.com/HellGolt