Oliver nodded in agreement, not having the grounds to deny her claims. "Don't I know it." he huffed a laugh as he grinned at the sleeping form of his best friend. He smiled mischievously, creeping up behind Stiles' head and staring creepily at his face. "Stiles!" he yelled into his ear and Gabriela laughed out loud when the poor boy flew off the chairs and landed on the floor with a surprised yelp.

He rubbed his ass as he stood, running a hand across his sleepy face. "Jerk." Stiles muttered as he sent Oliver a tired glare. "Couldn't you have woken me in a normal way? You just had to assault me." he dramatically complained as his best friend wrapped an arm around his shoulder with a teasing grin.

"I didn't even touch you, Stiles." he sang, pulling him down the corridor toward the vending machine. Gabriela happily skipped after them. "Let's get you something to eat, huh, grumpy?"

Stiles yawned and nodded in reply as he pulled a few coins from his pockets. He scoured the contents of the machine and settled for a Reese's cup. Fumbling with the coins, he managed to shove the correct amount into the slot and pressed the button, watching as the Reese's cup began tipping forward before getting stuck against the glass.

The boy groaned in exasperation and hung his head, Gabriela rolling her eyes in annoyance. She despised vending machines after her drink exploded on her after she'd opened it. It was a waste of money according to her.

"Oliver," Stiles whined and stuck a thumb out to point at the machine. "You're freakishly strong now, so... shake it for me?"

Oliver grinned and did as asked, wrapping his arms around the vending machine and leaning it forward as he began to gently shake it. He smiled, victorious when he heard the item fall to the bottom along with a few others and allowed it to tilt back again.

He handed the Reese's cup to Stiles and a Hershey's bar to Gabriela, snatching the small bag of chips for himself. His sister broke off a piece of the chocolate and stuffed it into her mouth before slapping his shoulder.

"Werewolf you is my favorite you," she remarked and Stiles nodded in agreement as he snacked on the Reese's cup.

Oliver opened his bag of chips and smiled cheekily as he popped one into his mouth. "I know. I'm awesome."

But his smile fell when a scream belonging to Lydia reached his ears, the chips in his hands long forgotten as he shoved the bag into Gabriela's arms and took off in a run toward her hospital room. He reached the door at the same time as her father and Melissa and stumbled through it in a frenzy.

He entered the bathroom. The shower was left running, water slowly pooling at the bottom of the tub. He pulled the curtain away but Lydia was nowhere in sight. Melissa turned it off as dread lingered in the pit of Oliver's stomach, eyes widening as he noticed the opened window.

🦎

The headlights of Stiles' jeep beamed at the side of the hospital as Stiles approached, carrying Lydia's hospital robe in his hands. Oliver gnawed at his bottom lip as he sat in the back with Gabriela, the latter of the two grimacing at the sight of the bloodied robe.

Stiles climbed into the driver's seat and handed the garment to Scott, who glanced at it momentarily. Oliver wasn't sure he wanted to know how Stiles had managed to get his hands on it. The smell of Lydia's sweet perfume he'd managed to smuggle in for her a few days ago still lingered and Oliver bit his lip as the scent infiltrated his nose.

He wanted ─no, needed to find her. It had only been about twenty minutes and he was already making up the worst possible scenarios in his mind.

"This is the one she was just wearing?" Scott asked as he nodded toward the robe in his hands.

Stiles nodded as he turned the key in the ignition. "As far as I know."