Chapter 13: Seriously, My Life Can't Get Any Worse

Percy pov:

Who knew walking on decks at night would be so boring? 

Apparently, I missed that, so unfortunately I spent my Friday night walking on a deck, completely bored and lonely. 

There were so many other things I could've been doing- like sleeping, eating or something other than walking. 

But no. I decided to add walking on decks to my bucket list( and yeah, I have a bucket list. I made it in 3rd grade, before I accidently got too excited and blew up a pipe). And, because I made a bet with my mom that if I didn't finish my bucket list by the end of this summer, then she didn't have to make blue cookies for me anymore.

That's not happening anytime soon.

So I was bored for a long time. That is until I came across Luke.

See, I haven't seen Luke in a while. He's been really busy, and I've been hanging around Evadne and her friends recently. All of them were probably sleeping. 

Scratch that, most of them were probably sleeping. 

Aaron Voss, I knew for one was definitely not sleeping. I know that, because one time I was hungry, so I went to grab a snack, and I saw Aaron in front of one of those straw dummies, going completely crazy on them. I almost felt bad for the dummies. Almost. I stopped feeling sympathy for them when I saw how quick it was to put them back together.

Aaron was a strange guy. He was nice, unlike his sister, Clarisse. But, he was really closed off, and mostly kept out of conversations. But when Camp Half-Blood was brought up, he always made some excuse to leave the room.

I didn't pry.

Anyways, Luke was sitting on one of those fold-up chairs that are really uncomfortable to sit on. Even from a distance, I could tell he was really tired. His eyes were bloodshot and the bags under them were very dark. He kind of reminded me of Mr.D, in a way.

I'm telling you, though, no one can ever look as disgusting as him. 

Ever.

(Listen, Zeus, I know you hate me, but please don't strike me with lightning.)

I coughed loudly, and he jumped. He stood up, took his sword out and scanned his surroundings, which included me.

i raised my hand to waveat him, and when he saw it was me, he raised an eyebrow and fell back into the chair. Bit rude, I thought. 

I walked up to him and smiled. 

'Hi, Luke.'

'Hi, Perce.'

Now, I know what you're thinking. Percy, leave the poor man alone! He's probably tired. Don't get in trouble with Kronos's main guy!

But the thing is, Luke was a pretty chill dude (aside from when you're sparring with him. Man, tha guy is hard to beat). He also had a soft spot for me.

Now, as I said, I haven't seen Luke much recently, so I was a bit lost on how to start a conversation with him.

Turns out, I didn't need to. Luke pulled up another fold-up chair from Kronos knows where, and set it down. He gestured for me to sit.

'Percy.'

'Luke.'

'I know you haven't seen me for a while, Perce. And I hate to just bring this out of nowehre but...' he sighed. 'Kronos needs you to do a quest.'

'I- for what?' 

'You need to find the Golden Fleece. It will ensure Kronos's return.'

I may not be a child of Athena, but I knew a child of Athena. That person was Annabeth. And Annabeth had told me about the Golden Fleece. 

'The Golden Fleece? You mean the one that hasn't been found for hundreds of years?'

Luke winced. 'More like a few thousand.'

'That's not helping!'

'Look, Percy. I know it's gonna be hard. I never said it would be easy. But think of everything that we could do once you find it!'

'I don't know Luke- it seems a bit- a bit far-fetched.'

'Percy. I'll be there. We can do it, ok? Once we find it...' he hesitated, but a determined look passed on his face. 'Once we find it, Kronos will rise. We'll take revenge on our parents. And we'll convince Annabeth to join us.'

Itook a deep breath. It wasn't like I could really say no. But, if Luke was there, it wouldn't be that bad. Luke, a renowned swordsman, best at Camp Half-Blood (why did it hurt saying the name?) in 300 years, alongside a son of Poseidon. I think we could do it. 

'Okay, Luke. I'm in.'

He grinned at me. A warm feeling grew in my stomach. 

Annabeth Chase, 100 miles away,woke up with a sharp inhale. She knew what she needed to do. But first, she had to find some companions. 

Hii! Sorrry about the 2 month wait. This chapter is also really short, but so many people have been begging me to update, so here you go! I've been really busy with editing, and now, on youtube, I have 180 subscribers :DD Also, I would like to know. Would you prefer long chapters but slower updates, or shorter chapters and quicker updates? Please let me know :D