Chapter 8: The Great Escape Of Percy Jackson

Dam, I just realised how long it's been since I updated. Sorry! I've been really busy... Reading... A lot... ANYWAYS DON'T JUDGE ME FOR BEING A BOOKWORM PLEASE! Now, on with the story :)))

Percy pov

I was in my cabin, dreaming about the day I arrived at camp. It was the same. Until the Pinochle game.

After Chiron had placed down one of his cards, he looked up at me in alarm and grabbed my shoulders. People ran out of their cabins, as Camp Half-Blood burned to the ground, and Monsters attacked. People screamed. I saw the wireless faces of some of my (well, former now) friends. I saw the tree nymphs crumbling to ashes. I looked around in horror.

'Percy! Don't let Kronos win! Don't-'

He was cut off by a hand that was held around his throat. I looked up at the figure and saw myself. With golden eyes. I glared at myself. He looked just like me. Same windswept hair, same toned but lean body, same clothes. But his grin was different. It was cold, cruel, sadistic. Dream me spoke, but it wasn't my voice. It was Kronos's.

'Perseus. Make your choice.'

I stared into his golden eyes with fear. I couldn't speak. I couldn't move. I was frozen.

Behind Kronos Annabeth screamed at me, 'Make the choice Percy! Help us!'

I was jolted awake by the sound of the conch shell. 3 times. That means that someone or something is invading the camp. I tried to glance out of the window, but what I saw made me sit back and shiver. The image I saw was eerily similar to my dream.

Luke and an army of monsters were coming to get me.

Schist.

Annabeth pov

I was busy thinking about something Percy said when the conch shell sounded. He had said something about pinochle and a choice. I shivered, hoping he wasn't dreaming about the choice. Hades, he wasn't even supposed to know there was a choice to make! I gave up stressing about it because we had another problem on our hands. Luke had come for Percy, with an army of monsters. 

I ran out of my cabin, grabbed my dagger and tried to quickly join the other demigods. I stood with my brother Malcolm, while we both put on our armour (or in his case tried to put on his armour). 

'Dammit! Stupid armour!' he cried, as he threw up his hands in exasperation as his chest plate fell off him for the third time.

'Here, let me do it for you.' I said, my hands moving quickly and deftly.

He smiled at me. 'Thanks, Annabeth. You've got to teach me how to do that sometime.'

'Sure. But for now...' I trailed off, my hands gesturing to the army.

'Yeah. Fight now, talk later.' 

'Yeah.'

We both stood side by side, ready for battle. All the demigods formed a line, Clarisse in the front and centre while I stood next to her. I winced when I saw Luke, but maintained my fighting stance all the same. Finally, he turned to us.

'Ah, if it isn't my old friends. Oh, is that- if I'm not mistaken- Hey Connor and Travis! How're you doing? Hope you don't miss me too much.' He said, a sinister grin creeping up on his face. 

The Stolls sneered at him, which was a weird expression to see on their faces, because they were usually all laughs and smiles.

'And if it isn't dear old Clarisse! How's the father-daughter relationship between you and Ares going? Is it even going at all?'

'Watch it Castellan, or you'll end up with a spear in your chest.'

He grinned.

'And next to you, is-' he saw me and his grin faltered. 'Annabeth.' He whispered.

'What do you want, Luke?' I asked, trying to make my voice as hard as possible.

He winced, but responded quickly.

'You know what I want. Or who. Give me Percy Jackson, and I won't set the monsters on the Camp.'

'And if we don't give him to you?' Asked a random Hephaestus kid.

'Well, let's just say the monsters will be eating well then, won't they?'

We all shuddered.

'So, Annabeth,' he said, pointing his finger at me, 'What's it gonna be? Percy, or the camp?'

I steeled myself, ready for the other demigods. The monsters wouldn't be easy to kill, but would be easier than fighting demigods. Powerful ones, at that.

'We're keeping Percy. I'm not letting you manipulate him any more.'

'You'll regret choosing that.'

'Maybe, maybe not.'

'I, Luke Castellan, hereby give permission for any and every monster to enter Camp Half-Blood.' He shouted.

He grinned, and the monsters along with the rogue demigods charged.

'For Olympus!' We cried. And the fight was on.

I ran at an empousa and stabbed it at the same time as Clarisse slammed her spear into a Cyclops. They both exploded into golden dust. Malcom took on a dracaenae and nearly got sliced in half, but dodged just as it was about to hit him. The Stolls took on a cyclops, while the Ares cabin fought a Hellhound. Meanwhile, the Aphrodite cabin we're doing pretty well. I was surprised, but didn't think much of it.

I hastily took down a demigod, a weak one. Must not have had too much training. We fought and fought while Luke just stood there. At least, I thought. I heard sounds coming from Cabin 3, but brushed it off as Percy waking up. He was asleep, the last time I checked. And he wouldn't be able to get out. Right? I was distracted by a yell from Clarisse.

I looked at her, and what I saw confused me.

She charged at Luke, and thrust her spear into his chest. All demigods gasped as it went right through him. She looked angry and confused.

'What-'

And then, a loud clang and rushed sounds made me look at the Poseidon cabin again. My mouth fell open as Luke came out, Percy standing next to him, looking regretful but angry. Silence fell across the battlefield.

Percy looked at me.

'Annabeth.'

I just looked at him in horror.

He turned to Luke with an unreadable expression.

'Luke, I think our work here is done.'

Luke nodded.

'What- if you think we're just going to let you leave- you're mistaken!' I exclaimed. I'll admit, I didn't want Percy to leave. Sure, he was on the side of Kronos, but he was fun to talk to. And, he understood me.

'Well, unless you want more demigods dead, I suggest you let us go.'

I looked around at the fallen campers. Only a few casualties, but still, people.

Surprising, it was Clarisse who stopped me.

'Annabeth, let them go. We'll get them another time. For now...' she hesitated, and looked at the campers. 'For now, we have campers to help.'

I glared at Luke and Percy, angry. Why, in Hades name, did everything have to be so complicated?

'Bye.' Percy said to me.

'I didn't bother responding.