Chapter 2: Goodbye Camp Half-Blood

'What do I say?'

Luke smiled at me. 

'I knew you would choose correctly. Now, you have to listen very carefully. Say, I renounce the gods. I pledge myself to Kronos, Titan of time.'

I took a deep breath and repeated, 'I renounce the gods. I pledge myself to Kronos, Titan of time.' As soon as I said it, I felt power surge through my body, as though someone had splashed water on me.

'How do you feel?' Luke asked me, a grin spread across his face.

'Powerful.'

He nodded in agreement, and held his hand out. I shook it.

'Well, Percy, good to know you're with us.'

I felt better, knowing that this might have been the right choice.

'So what now?' I asked, thinking about Annabeth and Grover.

'Grab your stuff. We're leaving.'

We walked out of the woods, heading towards my cabin.

I didn't have much to bring, mostly just the Minotaur horn and my moms letter. Once I had gathered the rest of my belongings, I turned to Luke, who was writing something.

'What are you writing?' I asked.

'I'm writing a note to send to Annabeth. I- I can't just leave without telling her why. She's like my sister.' 

I nodded, before another thought came to me.

'Isn't Annabeth going to come with us, though?'

He looked at me sadly.

'Not right now, Percy. If we try to convince her, it's possible she will fight us instead. Trust me, I know Annabeth. Until we find a good reason for her to go against Chiron and Camp... We can't let her join. Yet.'

I felt my heart sink at this, but I just nodded again.

We sneaked out of my cabin, heading towards Thalia's pine tree. On the way, making sure no one saw us, we stuck the note on the Athena cabins door.

I quickly read the note, which was in Greek.

Annabeth, I'm sorry. I was the lightning thief. I joined Kronos. I'm sorry I have to leave you. But I can't listen to the gods any longer. - Luke

I felt bad for leaving Annabeth and Grover, but decided it was for a good cause. We hastily crossed the tree, Luke looking at the tree with a sorrowful face.

He mumbled something along the lines of, 'Don't worry Thalia. We'll avenge you.'

We then walked through Manhattan, Luke and me exchanging stories. We arrived at a boat dock, and boarded a cruise named The Princess Andromeda. I saw mortals looking dazed, and monsters aboard the ship, when a bear-man came up to Luke and started speaking.

He nodded, then turned to me with a smile on his face.

'Come on, Perce, let me show you around.'

AUTHORS NOTE:

for those confused as to why I republished this chapter, I made a few changes, to suit it more to my liking and the characters' personality. I will do it to any chapters thst need it, or the words do not pertain to my liking. :)