Chapter 24: Rescue

As soon as the location was found, everyone rushed to the car, on their way to save the poor couple. Jungwon stared outside absentmindedly, whilst Niki was trying to calm Sunoo down. Jay focused on driving, glancing at Jungwon, from time to time.

"I can't believe it. I really hope they are both safe." Sunoo spoke.

"They will be.. don't worry." Niki caressed his lover's back, trying to soothe him. He knew how Sunoo would always panic if something was wrong, and he decided to always stay by his side during hard times.

"Why did Hyunjay even do this anyway?"

"Apparently he was also the one who revealed Sunghoon's relationship. He had attempted to ruin his reputation because of the CEO position. Your father was the one who said it too." Jungwon spoke.

"I didn't know he was like that.. he is surely always hiding in the corner, go knows what he does all day. He doesn't even talk to me or anyone else."

"I'm thinking there's more to this matter. I don't know Hyunjay's intentions but it doesn't seem like he is only being jealous of Sunghoon." Jungwon added.

"What do you mean?"

"There's more to it. We will find out shortly anyway."

—☁️—

"Jake are you awake?" Sunghoon asked, his voice shaking at the state of the younger, covered in bleeding injuries and marks.

Hyunjay had left shortly after being provoked by Sunghoon. Hyunjay had decided to leave for now and come back later. He had to work on his strategies anyway.

"I'm.. okay. Just feel kind of light headed."

"I'm sorry for making you suffer so much love.." Sunghoon said slowly.

"It's okay.. at least you are okay." Jake smiled weakly.

"I want to hug you so badly right now."

"Me too."

Jake felt weak, unable to move his body as the sharp pain would hit him everytime. A few minutes later, he passed out again, due to fatigue and loss of blood, making Sunghoon panic and shout for help. It was a terrible and heartbreaking experience, Sunghoon didn't even dare to think about his life without the younger. They hadn't known each other for so long, but he felt like Jake meant the world to him.

"Jake.. please stay with me. Don't go anywhere... I don't want to be alone again." Sunghoon's voice broke.

He thought it was the end. The world seemed to be crumbling before his eyes, his heart ached and he felt extremely guilty and exhausted. Sunghoon tried to think for possible ways for him to escape, but the chains holding him together were so tight, it felt like it was cutting his blood circulation.

As he struggled out of the chains, he could hear footsteps, making him feel even more anxious. His breathing became uneven as he thought of what could possibly happen next.

"I found a way to get rid of you." The loud voice said. Sunghoon kept his eyes to the ground, avoiding his brother's venomous gaze.

"It will be fun. With your phone, I was able to post things on the business account. Created a false rumor and now everyone is going against you. No one will ever think this was a murder case but rather a suicide one. What do you think?" Hyunjay smirked, feeling satisfied by his excellent work. Everything would soon be his anyway.

At the age of 23, he came up with the idea of getting rid of his father's best friends who had a successful company, which was constantly prospering and improving. He knew that the position would be given to his father and thought it would eventually allow him to get the company all for him. He wasn't able to kill Sunghoon during that time, since M. Kim had appeared out of nowhere, ruining all his plans.

Sunghoon remained quiet, money or the company was the last thing that mattered to him right now. He wanted to save Jake and make sure the younger could stay with him.

"You forgot how to speak?" Hyunjay asked.

"Just leave him, he needs some time alone with Jakey before his death." Another voice said, making Sunghoon shift his gaze to the person behind Hyunjay.

"Joon-woo too? How did he get involved in this?"

"I'm giving him money if he helps me. I'm allowing him to keep Jake once you die."

"Yes. Jake will finally be all mine."

"You two are absolutely disgusting.. I can't believe you would do such a thing."

"Ugh he keeps complaining, let's get rid of him quickly." Hyunjay said as he walked towards Sunghoon and slowly untied him from the pole. He then replaced the chain around the male's arms.

"Great let's go." Hyunjay smiled.

"Let me go." Sunghoon said as he struggled to get out of Hyunjay's tight grip of his hands.

"Stop moving." Hyunjay said, as he quickly grabbed a gun from his pocket and placed it against Sunghoon's head, making the male flinch at the contact of the cold metal.

"You better listen."

"What difference does it make if I die now or later? Just pull the trigger will you."

"You are testing my patience.. start walking" Hyunjay's voice became louder and more harsh.

"Stop everything." a loud scream suddenly erupted, making all three males turn towards the noise.

"Sunoo..." Sunghoon could recognized his brother standing a few meters away from him. His eyes were filled with tears and anger. Sunghoon could see how hurt Sunoo's face looked.

"Ugh Sunoo I told you not to run inside." another familiar voice chimed in. Jungwon had clearly instructed the male to wait for him but the latter didn't even pay attention to his words. Jay stood behind Jungwon, whilst Niki placed himself in front of Sunoo. All four felt their heart tightening at the sight of Jake injured, lying unconscious on the ground and Sunghoon who had bruises and cuts over his face.

"What the hell. How did you find me?!" Hyunjay yelled.

"M. Kim's security equipment from long ago. Remember when you refused to let the team take any details on you? Now I know why you did that.. not to mention your phone is always off." Jungwon stated.

Hyunjay's eyes filled with rage, slowly pointed the gun towards Jungwon, making everyone in the room tense up.

"I guess I'll have to kill all of you. Such a shame.."

________________________________

Thanks for reading! I hope you like this!
Don't forget to vote and comment💗
Bye
1059 words