Chapter 19: Investigation

"Are you sure they will be able to find out if your brother really is the culprit?" Jake asked, he felt like the evidence they had would not be enough to justify that Hyunjay was guilty.

"They should be able. They have been working for my father for a while now.. so I guess they are the most suitable for this job." Sunghoon explained.

Both males had gone to a law enforcement agency, known to have one of the best detectives there. They had already reported the case and filed in for an investigation at the police station but Sunghoon wanted extra help so he decided it would be best to hire detectives as well.

They were hoping that the suspect wouldn't actually be guilty and that it was just some random person who had revealed their relationship.

Sunghoon walked into a strange looking building, inside it seemed like some sort of coffee  shop. He was greeted by two males who sitting down and talking. 

"Jay and Jungwon!" Sunghoon said with a smile.

"Oh Sunghoon.. long time no see." Jay chuckled as he got up from his chair and ran towards the couple.

"Oh my! Is this your boyfriend. He looks so cute. Hi there." Jay exclaimed enthusiastically before hearing an annoyed scoff.

"Excuse me I am right here you know?" Jungwon said angrily.

"Sorry sweetheart! I didn't mean it that way!"

"Yea right.."

This hilarious interaction made Jake chuckle slightly.

"Hello. Nice to meet you." Jake smiled widely.

"Hello.. I'm Yang Jungwon.." Jungwon smiled

"Ahhh! Hiii! I'm Jay.." Jay waved his hand as if he was a child.

"Excuse my immature boyfriend.." Jungwon sighed.

"Hey! Why would-"

"So Sunghoon.. got any case for us? This agency has been dead silent for months now. I'm starting to get bored of it." Jungwon whined.

"Yes I do... You saw how pictures of me and Jake have been taken without our permission and posted online right? Well I want you to find out who it was." Sunghoon stated.

"Okayyy! Finally something interesting. Do you have anyone in mind."

"Actually yes. My elder brother.. he has been acting weird ever since I became CEO of my biological dad's company. My father also confirmed that he was jealous when I obtained the position."

"Okay.. well that seems like a decent clue. Okay! Me and Jay will get to it right away." Jungwon smiled.

"Wait! I never agreed to this?" Jay pouted only to be pulled by the arm to another room.

"Follow us." Jungwon said.

Sunghoon nodded and did as Jungwon said, with Jake following behind him. Jake was surprised to see an elevator right after the door. So the coffee looking shop was probably just a cover up to hide the actual investigation office. Smart!

And he was right! The elevator door soon opened to reveal a large well illuminated area, filled with complexed and sophisticated devices Jake had ever seen before... The workers were divided into several categories and each one seemed to be in a different world with how concentrated they looked.

"Woah! Its place looks like the ones in those spy movies." Jake exclaimed as he looked around him, fascinated by the sight.

"I know right?.. every underground investigation takes place here.." Jungwon smiled.

"This is nothing much Jake... This place looks the exact same for so long. It has to be renovated." Sunghoon said causing Jungwon to roll his eyes.

"You know what else stayed the same? Your lame ass personality..  idiot...  I'm actually kinda having second thoughts about this." Jungwon said, his voice clearly irritated.

"I was only joking.. calm down man.. geez.l
" Sunghoon sighed, feeling defeated.

Jake giggled at his flustered boyfriend.

"Better be.. Jungwon will kill you.. he doesn't like jokes you know that." Jay added.

"Good you know me well Jay..... Right back to business now."

After they entered Jungwon's office, Jay locked the door and everyone sat down around the male's desk. Jungwon took out his laptop and a notebook in order to gather more details.

" so.. do you have any photos of him.. and files containing information on his life and occupation?"

"Yes I brought this file. It contains information on his last job and his interests and yea..."

"This is his picture." Sunghoon handed the picture to Jungwon.

"Why does he look so scary..." Jay said as he walked behind Jungwon and peeped at the picture.

"Here is the file.." Sunghoon said handing it over to Jay, who immediately opened it, reading as quickly as he could.

"Okay... 41 years old damn!" Jay said his mouth dropping slightly as he examined the files.

"Yes my father had him when he was 18 years old.." Sunghoon added.

"He owns nine successful restaurants, five scattered around in Seoul, three in Daegu and one in Busan... 107 medals in taekwondo, with 12 university certificates and a degree in engineering and computing technology he actually studied hard, looks like a baddie to me." Jay said, chuckling.

"This isn't how we do our job Jay.. be more professional." Jungwon face palmed, feeling embarrassed by his boyfriend's lack of maturity.

They spent a while there.. trying to collect as much on Hyunjay as possible. It was crazy the amount of time they took. As soon as they were done, Sunghoon and Jake left hoping to get answers as soon as possible.

"I'm hoping for the best."

"Me too.. I believe they will do a great job. All we have to do now is wait patiently for answers..." Sunghoon said.

"Let's go home and cuddle." Sunghoon added making Jake blush. The older slowly took Jake's hand in his and stared at the younger lovingly.

"Sunghoon.. focus on the damn road.. we are going to crash if you don't pray attention..." Jake said.

"Ah alright alright. Let's go to my place!" Sunghoon said with a smile plastered across his face.

"Alright! Let's gooo. I've actually never seen your house before."

"Sunoo will be there. Hyunjay.. too I think unless he is out again.. maybe it is actually a bad idea to go there.." Sunghoon suddenly remembered.

"Don't worry.. we will be alright! I would love to see Sunoo again.. he was so kind last time." Jake said, reassuring the older who felt slightly worried.

"Alright.."

_______________________________
Double update cause I've been kinda skipping days lately.. school makes me tired asf
💗
Bye
Don't forget to vote and comment.
1045 words