Chapter 14: hidden truth

"Oh.."

Sunghoon felt his cheeks heating up slightly. He slowly walked closer to Jake and cupped his cheeks, moving closer until they were inches apart. Jake's heart was pounding rapidly as he tried to keep his calm. Sunghoon glanced into Jake's eyes one last time before closing the gap, placing a delicate kiss on the younger's cherry sweet lips.

It only lasted a few seconds before the male pulled away. They both looked at each other blinking rapidly before the burst into laughter.

"You're so cute Jake." Sunghoon said between giggles.

"You are too!"

"Anyway let's go towards that huge tree in the middle." Sunghoon pointed towards it.

"Right! I use to hide in the bark of that tree when I was younger.. don't think I'll fit anymore." Jake chuckled.

The rest of the evening went pretty quickly. Both of them sat down watching the sunset, their hands intertwined as they enjoyed the wonderful moment. The night came by, Sunghoon was not afraid even if it was kind of dark. The moon was shining, creating a source of light, hence why the older felt safer.

"Where are these damn fireflies." Sunghoon pouted.

"Wait! Give them some time." Jake smiled.

Soon after, beads of light appeared, illuminating the whole field of flowers with their bright yellow hue. It was a breathtaking sight which had ended only a few minutes later. It was quite late too, so they decided to leave with a new special memory to cherish.

—☁️—

Jake was back at the office on Monday.. he waited patiently for Sunghoon to arrive. He watched as the arrow on the clocked moved, but still there was no sign of the older. He started to panic slightly until he got a call from the one he wanted to see.

"Hey jakey! I won't be here today.. I have to go to the other company building.. I'll come see you later alright?" Sunghoon said with a sad voice.

"Aw that sucks. Don't worry I'll be fine..see you later Sunghoon."

"Bye love." Sunghoon said softly before ending the call.

"Already with the names.." Jake whispered softly, as he slowly turned pink.

Jake sighed, he wouldn't be able to see the older for a while. Just as he was about to sit down, the door of Sunghoon's office opened revealing an unknown person.

"Uh.. hey.." Jake said, his voice trailing off.

"Have you seen Sunghoon by any chance." The unknown man spoke coldly, sending a shiver down Jake's spine.

"I- he isn't here today. He is working somewh-"

"Where is he working.. get straight to the point. I'm in a hurry.. I don't have time to waste." The man said, his voice sounded really irritated.

"O-Okay.. unfortunately I have no idea which building his is actually working in" Jake managed to say.

"Aren't you his assistant or something? can't you be useful... ugh.. they should fire you.."

"Utterly useless." The male said underneath his breath, before leaving.

"Who even is that? Why does he look like he eats people alive." Jake sighed.

"He looked like he was about to attack me or something.. not to mention his rude behavior.. what kind of guy is he!"

—☁️—

"How are we supposed to stick to the plan.. why is the time we kill him so important now? You have waited almost 19 years before killing."

"Because we have to make it look like he committed suicide. If we do it at a wrong time.. we are done for..It should be easier to kill him now.. since he is so popular. Make it seem like the pressure of CEO got the better of him. I regret not killing him together with his parents."

"I know.. okay.. but how are you planning to get rid of him."

"It's simple.. I want to destroy him first.. then I'll kill him."

"Alright.. as you wish. What are your orders sir?"

"Just watch him from afar.. and find everything on his personal life. I'll make his world crumble slowly, and make him go through an agonizing pain, make him suffer to the very end. I'll ruin his life just like how he destroyed mine, taking the CEO position away from me."

"Okay... sir. I will do my best to be of great assistance."

"I'm coming for you Sunghoon."

—☁️—

"Sunghoon, there's this weird man than came to your office earlier.. I don't know what his aim was but.."

"Oh.. describe him.. he probably is someone who is allowed since he got past the security guards. Can you describe how he looks?"

"Oh yea.. if I remember correctly... he has blonde hair which fades into red and he is kind of tall. He is really scary and his huge tattoos along his arm which makes him seem like a mafia or even  like a wanted criminal or something." Jake explained , trying to give the maximum details to the older.

"Hyunjay.. why is he there.."

"Hyun what?"

"That's my second brother.. M. Kim has two sons.  Sunoo and Hyunjay.. but Hyunjay is honestly really weird, he is never home and barely interacts with his family." Sunghoon stated.

"Oh.. I can tell.. he is really rude."

"Why did he say anything to you?"

"Well, he was looking for you and he did not hesitate to talk rudely to me. I don't care though."

"Ugh.. he hasn't changed.. He is probably plotting something.. he always his this evil look in his eyes. Don't tell him anything about you okay Jakey?"

"Yes alright.." Jake said softly, before hanging up the call. Who could that man possibly want to do to Sunghoon? He was slightly anxious since the strange man didn't seem to have any good intentions. He might be Sunghoon's brother but that didn't mean he couldn't harm him. His expression was angry when mentioning Sunghoon too.. it would only make sense if Hyunjay was mad at the older.

Jake decided to find out what he was planning to do.. He didn't quite know how he would do that though... he had no proof the man was even malicious.
________________________________
Thanks for reading. Double update:)
Don't forget to comment and vote.💛
Byeee

1012 words