Chapter 10: truth

"I have to tell you this...." Sunghoon sighed. Jake could feel the male tense up.

"Tell me what." Jake asked softly, still slowly caressing the older's back.

"The reason I asked you to stay with me until late. It wasn't because I hated you... I used the fact that you spilt coffee on my shirt... to make you stay with me until late at night.." Sunghoon stated.

Jake sighed. He kind of knew where this was going..

"It's because ever since... my parents death... I've been having terrible hallucinations and these creepy voices in my head. I can't even sleep at night... it hurts to say it but I've been ... using you because of my fear.... I know it's a really terrible reason and I feel really guilty for doing this to you... it's literally such a stupid thing ..."Sunghoon said.

"Listen... I'm not mad at you.. I just wish you told me the truth earlier.. and it definitely isn't a stupid reason.. it's okay..." Jake said causing Sunghoon to slowly relax.

"I don't know what to say... thank you so much.... I apologize for my actions."

"It's alright... anyway let's get going now..." Jake said. He slowly broke the hug only to feel the older squeeze him tighter.

"You're so soft.. I don't want to stop hugging you." Sunghoon whispered in the younger's ears causing Jake's cheeks to heat up, feeling butterflies erupting in his stomach.

"I-it's getting late Sunghoon.." Jake said, trying hard to keep his cool.

"Okay..let's go." Sunghoon smiled.

—☁️—

"Well.. I'll see you tomorrow Sunghoon." Jake smiled wildly.

"See you Jakey.." Sunghoon replied with a sweet voice.

They both parted ways.

Jake secretly waited for Sunghoon to leave before he took his leave. He had an uneasy feelings inside of him by leaving the older alone again. So he decided as from now on to watch him from afar to make sure he is always alright.

This discovery has once again changed his perspective on Sunghoon. He now knew for sure that the older wasn't a cold hearted man like everyone thought he was or perceived him to be, he was just bruised from his past. He himself couldn't imagine a life without his loving parents, sure they were sometimes highly excessive but he loved them. Growing without parents is the worst thing on earth, he was really grateful to the chairman to have raised him.

Even if they had known each other for only around a month, Jake felt protective over him... he really did. Jake drove home, his mind was definitely not at peace. He was probably the biggest over thinker out there, his thoughts wandered here and there like an endless loop. Sometimes it felt like an addiction.. it wasn't something he could stop even if he wanted to.

—☁️—

"Sunghoon! Finally you're back home." the familiar voice could be heard.

"Ah yes.. I am. How are you Sunoo?" Sunghoon asked.

"I'm great! You?"

"Ah I'm alright..." Sunoo saw how the black haired male's eyes were red and swollen, he wanted to ask but he preferred keeping his mouth shut.

"Ah right! Tomorrow I'm making something.. it's your favourite food! I'll come drop it off to you at your work."

"Thank you!" Sunghoon's eyes lit up. It had been a while since he had eaten his favorite dish.