Episode 14

There it was, the cliff below the hill. hidden by the trees and whited blankets of snow to mask the atrocity underneath. It even left the watcher surprised. It even left her quiet. It even left her questioning how could this have happened.

Why did she let it happen?

Not even she knew the answer.

Hell, she couldn't even figure out where to place the blame.

All she could do was stand there, dumbfounded as ever.

She felt so pathetic.
That no matter how hard she tried to do good, she'd always end up losing something. And to her, he wasn't supposed to mean anything.

She took it one step at a time. All toward the edge of the hill contemplating on moving any further.

Pomegranate Cookie hummed softly. "Poor little watcher. "Will she ever find the strength to surpass the small stains of jelly sprinkled over the snow?"

Licorice Cookie made a reappearance. Climbing adjacently up the hill, he shot the brown sugared cookie a sorrowful smirk. "Or will she just settle for the remains of the carriage? Nobody knows." The mage cookie shrugged so delightedly at her suffering, especially since he never really cared for the man anyway.

Throughout their unfiltered monologue, the watcher saw herself in the midst of an internal battle. As she cradled herself tight all of her emotions had attacked her all at once. And the scenarios forming all in her head just made it worse. There was too much violence. There was too much vulnerability. Where was the balance? Where was the rest?

Continuing to take part in their act, the scarlet cookie marched onward. If there was anything she enjoyed more than conquering it was the consumption of trauma that comes with it. The second she finds out the details the easier it is for her to bend the truth. "Both tell the story very well of what happened. Besides it would be obsessive of her to even look for him. There's no possible way he could've survived that fall, is there?" She asked aloud. When she hadn't retrieved an answer she thought to walk a little closer.

Until of course she finally heard her speak. "Don't. Don't even think about coming over here." Caramel didn't even bother to look at her. There was no fix of an expression. There was no change to be done about her demeanor. No, the watcher took this opportunity to break. "Please, just let me hurt. I'll pick up the burden you let fall off your shoulders." As she leaned forward her body soon dropped to her knees. "All I ask is that you just...let me hurt." Through the quaking of her voice and after the pause of her request, she later gave her body full permission to act out any way it wanted to.

Any tension, any pain, and any discomfort was felt in multiple areas of her system. All of her usual reactions to it came to a halt immediately. Leaving her with no plausible recovery in time for her to get back on her feet. Only the Cookies of Darkness could ever imagine the possible grief she may be going through. And only she could imagine the amount of relief they must feel. How did they end up with such an easy release? Why did they deserve to grieve less than she did?

It's not fair...
This isn't fair at all.

Before she could even think about restraining any of her composure, streams of tears slowly started to pour down her face.

"You know..." Pomegranate trailed, getting immediately excited the second she saw her head perk up. "...if you require any companionship we may have the solution for you." Through this small segment of her advertisement the watcher ominously looked back to face her. Seeing the disbelief in her eyes only encouraged her to continue. "All you have to do is-"

"I will never and I mean never abandon the person that I am to help validate the existence of your people." Caramel Arrow confided. As she turned away she soon dried out all her tears with her sleeve. "Do you have any idea of the amount of pain I'm in?"

The Biggest Twist Of All (Affocara)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara