Episode 12

The First Watcher was sitting down in front of the main entrance, below the roof, and away from the ground. "The shade feels nice." She said to herself as she looked at the sky for any signs of rain.

Interrupting her peaceful evening, the royal advisor marched right outside and plopped himself down next to her. "That damn ruler thinks he knows everything, just wait until I'm working under royalty, then everything I say will be factual."

Caramel got curious and paid close attention to his movements, not noticing when he was finished talking, she resorted to just staring at him.

"What are you looking at?"

"Oh! Just the sky, I'm expecting rain this afternoon."

Affogato groaned, "Of course you are".

"Hmm." She hummed. "Affogato."

As much as he wanted to ignore her, he didn't feel like going back inside, risk of running into Dark Cacao was more than a little risky. "What?"

"Does that big cloud right there look dark to you?" She asked, pointing at the giant puffy cloud sitting in the sky above part of the kingdom.

"Oh, it's this hail business again, why couldn't you just get a job at the coffee shop like every other 14-year-old?"

"I-"

"But yes, it does look rather dark."

Caramel started to get giddy the moment she received his confirmation. "So do you think it'll bring hail to our kingdom today?"

"Might be a reach, I don't think it exists."

"But it does."

"But it doesn't." He leaned closer to her face to prove her wrong. "Supposedly it's deadly or at the very least dangerous, but you can hardly tell the difference between that and snow."

"Oh." A slight frown appeared on her face in worry she was believing in a myth.

Noticing her expression, he laid out a sigh. "Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to stay out here, I'll admit it when I'm beat."

"Thanks, Affogato."

"But the minute I find something else to worry about, I'm going back inside."

"That may take a while."

"To hail with you." He jokingly cursed at her, causing her to let a giggle slip out of her throat.

"I think I'm starting to like you even more now, my royal advisor." Caramel's smile showcased so much joy, he couldn't believe how nice she was being towards him. "You can be pretty funny when you're not trying."

"I'm always funny, you just don't have a good sense of humor." He combated before backtracking to her previous comment. "Also, you're just starting to like me? That can't be possible!"

Smirking at him, she crossed her arms and huffed at that assumption he made. "Anomalies, am I right?"

"Oh, you think you're special for not liking me. Too bad the King beat you to it." Defeatedly, he claimed, crossing his arms and legs for dramatic effect.