Episode 3

Compromise In The Baking...

...

I think I remember the first time I was scared for my life. The day I created a crossroad between me and my dream. That palace, that kingdom, that was supposed to be mine.

All mine!

And those bastards disguised as little twerps ruined it all for me.

A damn candy cane and a pink lollipop bested my 10 years of planning? How are people supposed to respect me now? Even if I was secure enough to rule now, how would that explain the rest of my upbringing?

But it doesn't matter, because that part of my life is over.

...

Upholding his serious and poised posture, he carefully poured the caffeine in a to-go cup for one of his customers. "Order 87." He called waiting for the lady to pick up her drink. After setting it down, he then started wiping over the counter, as he hated messes as much as his boss.

While he was cleaning, the lady pranced her way over hoping to gain some intel. "Thank you..." pressing her body against the counter, he noticed her trying to look at his chest.

Unable to ignore her any further, he caught a glimpse of what she looked like, eyes beginning to widen at the sight of something familiar.

His stance returned to a more appropriate position, unknowingly giving the woman what she wanted. "Liqueur Cookie! I got it! Thank you, Liqueur Cookie." While expressing her gratitude, she twirled a strand of brown sugared hair.

When a wave of his consciousness returned, he looked at the left side of his chest where the name tag was sitting, returning a dull expression to the woman. "Is this your drink ma'am?"

"Well, actually, it's my friend but she's a little busy in the bathroom." Still responding, she sat back down at the nearest table to the counter.

"Is that so? Any idea why?"
Getting back to work, he called the next customer. "Order 88!"

"She said, the last time picked up her order she had to tinkle a few times, but she just assumed it was all in her system. "So, she's going beforehand."

"Oh, I see."

Taking notice of the amount of customers coming out and into the shop, she wanted to ask a question. "Do you think it's true that once you come here, you'll always come back?"

His dull expression transformed within a second once she asked him that. A slight laugh escaped his lips, making the cookie jump in her seat noticing he was walking toward her. And just in the nick of time, her friend sprinted past him. Hands behind his back, he was ready to see how this conversation between them was going to go. "Is my drink ready, please tell me my drink is ready!"

"Calm down it's right-" The brown sugar-haired cookie gasped when her friend snatched the drink out of her hand. She could've sworn she watched her eyes form into hearts the moment she got a sip.

"Order 87." Liqueur Cookie called, receiving a nod from her as she gnawed on the purple straw. "Your friend is curious about reoccurring customers."

"Hmm?"

"I'll put it into more simpler terms." Seductively, he placed his gloved finger below her chin, letting his eyes glow as he looked into her poor soul. "She wants to know if it's true that once you order from here, you'll always return for more."

Blushing at the move he just made, she played along knowing it would serve her more good. "The drinks from here are amazing! I haven't stopped coming here since I first found out about it."