Episode 6

The Story Begins Here...

...

Awakening from the bird's skittish chirps was a young warrior resting in his cabin. Silly cookie had forgotten to close their window after stargazing last night. At least, he was prepared for the later repercussions. His nose twitched at the smell of something rich and sweet, causing his eyes to gauge wide open.

"Caramel!" Ecstatically, he jumped. "She hasn't written to me in forever!" The bird chirped happily at his excitement, circling above him as he landed on his back. "Okay, okay, give it here!" He demanded, giggling at the impact the envelope had when it landed on his face.

Knocking on the door, one of his comrades called for his attention. After hearing him growl, they figured it was best to continue with the conversation. "Excuse me, captain, for the interruption, but your trainee for the day will be here very shortly. Just figured I'd remind you since you tend to oversleep."

"Uh-huh." He unenthusiastically thanked him. Even bothering to sit himself to better support his voice. "Yes, thanks for the reminder."

"Anytime, sir."

Swinging his legs to the side he looked at the closet door in front of him, contemplating if doing his job today was worth it. But, he knew he couldn't push back this appointment any further, or else it would forever stain his record. Defeatedly, he let his body sink to the floor, slowly making an effort to put his outfit on. The bird rested its legs it's on his hair, snuggling up against it as if it were its very own nest. "I wonder if she's feeling better now that she wrote to me again." While he was getting dressed, he thought to entertain the bird with some friendly conversation, similar to how he treats his hounds. The wolf-like cookie scurried across the room as he layered his robe over his shirt while being sure to tighten his black goreum to better achieve his look. After his back hit the windowsill, he opened up the window and kindly filled up the bird feeder as a sign of gratitude. Once the bird had completely left the top of his head, he then tried to bolt out of the room whilst putting on his left boot. "Meet me downstairs-kay!" After hearing a chirp of delight he shut the door closed on his way to the staircase. When suddenly, he got the implication he was forgetting something. "Almost left this." He nervously stated as he waltzed back into the room and picked up the letter from his bed.

"Good morning Crunchy Chip Cookie!" The same cookie from earlier waved as he saw him coming down the steps. "Hope you got enough rest."

"Morning!" The skilled tamer waved back, unnoticeably using the one that was holding the letter. "And, I hope the same for you too."

On his way out to the site, his eyes kept looking back at the letter. Practically being entrenched by the texture of the envelope and its sealed stamp. His comrades took notice of his odd behavior and thought to confront it eventually. But, soon remembered that his temperament was shorter than most cookies his age. Only so many chances of calling his name before he goes insane.

"Excuse me, Captain." The young cookie called.

If only everyone was aware of that rule, then nobody would have to cater to his attitude problems.

Eyes still locked on the envelope, he replied with a simple "Yeah"
to give off the impression he's just as focused.

"I was wondering when could training begin?" They asked him.

Groaning in annoyance, he brought his full attention towards his trainee. "How about we go in the woods?"

"Works for me."

Letting the cookie walk in front of him, he quickly brought his attention back to the envelope. When his fingertips were extremely close to touching the seal, the bird from before had returned to its "nest". Causing him to jump from its loud return. All that chirping quickly caught his trainee's attention who immediately turned back thanks to Crunchy's mean glare. "I don't have time for this." Knowing the walk was going to be a while, he finally put his stalling to rest and began ripping the envelope apart. His grin grew wider as he felt the rich, and fine paper graze against his fingertips. "Dear Crunchy Chip Cookie..."