Episode 10

"Just how did you forget to tell me this, before?" Disciple 2 wondered, willing to accept anything as an excuse.

"To be honest with you...I wasn't paying the most attention." Caramel Arrow confessed.

The disciple sighed in disappointment. "You mean...you had no inclination to hide it from anyone?"

"Well I-"

"Or to even keep it under your supervision?" They pushed, meaning to keep her accountable for her lack of care. "Why?"

"Look." She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose as she increased the volume in her voice. "I didn't know what to do-I was stuck!" She couldn't help but stammer her way through her explanation.

"But why?"

"To tell you the truth, not even I know." Defeatedly, she shook her head and repressed her hands against her sides.

"..."

"All I-..." Softly, she exhaled through her nose. "All I could manage to do this morning was wait..." Disciple 2 took notice of the saddened expression painting across her face. She was clearly sorry for what happened to the staff, and of course, what happened to him. "...and I waited...for hours. I thought he would've found his way back here by now, but clearly, that didn't happen." Walking to the edge of the pallet on the floor, she sat herself down to sulk. "Regardless, I hadn't left that window. Even when they inspected the room, nothing pulled me from it."

"I suppose it's unfair for me to believe we care for him on the same level." They claimed.

"It's easier for you too, he's your only option of survival." The watcher reminded them.

Disciple 2 hummed and walked over to the door. Preparing to slide it open to call it a night.

"Leaving, already?"

"Well, I've gotten the information I needed." Keeping their head held high, they stepped into the hallway.

"But we need a plan!"

Attempting to leave her dumbfounded, they later found that it was still worth being truthful with her. "No, you need a plan, First Watcher." They remarked. "I have one of my own, but, I'm afraid I can't trust you to partake in it." Turning around, they stopped to share another look with her. Knowing how heartbreaking this must feel. "I need to work with a cookie who is just as devoted as I am. And, you are capable of that." Placing their hand on the door, they breathed a long sigh. "Just not to him."

"I understand."

"I truly wish you did." Disciple 2 frowned. "Because he was once yours too, you know?"

As she tilted her head, the latter cookie slid the door close. Not even bothering to spare her any more details. It wasn't like she had time to care, though.

Sliding the door back open, the nurse revisited her room. "I see you're back and in decent shape."

Scratching the back of her head, the watcher turned the other way. "So...you noticed?"

"Afraid so." The nurse laughed, momentarily, sitting down with her to start a quick chat. Slowly, their facial expression changed. "But, I'm also afraid you may stunt your healing process if you continue moving around."

"I just thought that since a healer would come by soon it wouldn't have mattered." Caramel murmured, frowning intensely at the floor below her.

"Well..."Trying to engage eye contact with her, the nurse leaned forward and placed their hand over her arm. "...fortunately for you there's been a delay."