Chapter 5: 3 Week Anniversary Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Damn, baby girl. You gon' have to cook more often. I ain't know you could throw down like this." he said, takin another big bite of food.

"Yes, I'm a beast. Thank You." I said and made him laugh. I made myself a plate and sat down to eat. The phone rang and I figured it was my Uncle Rex. I call him T-Rex and he calls me Lil J. I picked up the house phone and heard his barritone voice.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, what's up Lil J." he said. I could hear the smile in his voice. He calls me Lil J because he swears I look just like my daddy, even though everybody else says I look like my mommy.

"Nothin much, Unc. Eatin and waitin for you to get here." I said, bitin into a muffin.

"I'm outside, shorty. Open the door." he said. I chuckled a bit.

"Shorty? Your slang is atrocious." I said, gaining a laugh from him.

"Girl, just open the door!" he said. I laughed and hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" asked daddy.

"Uncle Rex. He's outside. I'm goin to open the door." I said and slipped on some flip-flops. I was dressed in black and white striped jumper shorts and a black cami-tank. My hair was in loose curls with a halo braid and my glasses were on my face, although, I barely ever wear my glasses because I have contacts. I opened the door and walked down the hallway towards the outside door.

"What's up, Ky?" called Aaron from behind me. I turned around and smiled at him as he walked down the hallway.

"Hey, what's up?" I replied and waited for him to meet me. He met me and we walked the rest of the way down the hall.

"Nothin, just on my way to class." he replied.

"This early?" I asked.

"Yeah. I gotta go to the library first." he answered.

"Oh."

"Yeah. So what's up with you? You look nice." he said, lookin me over.

"Thank you. But nothin, it's my daddy's birthday so I made him breakfast and, he doesn't know it yet, but my Uncle's takin him golfing then out later on tonight. But I'm not dressed up or anything. I guess I'm just swaggin for no reason today." I said and we laughed.

"Shit, that's the best reason." he said. I nodded in agreement. We got to the door and I could see my Uncle waitin outside. I opened the door and let Aaron out.

"I'll talk to you later, Ky." he said as he stepped out the door. I waved as he left and Rex looked at him, menacingly. Rex is more overprotective than my daddy by a long-shot. He hates all guys that even look at me. This one time, me, him, my daddy and my Auntie Sarah and her husband and kids, went on a family vacation to The Bahamas and this sexy light-skinned dude with green eyes, long hair and the sexiest Jamaican accent, tried to get my number and I was more than willing to give it to him. It was destined for disaster from the beginning. Rex wouldn't let me be alone for the rest of the trip and he even confiscated my cell phone so I couldn't get the dude's number. I was so pissed.

"Rex, relax. He's just a friend." I said, noticing the hate in his eyes.

"He look sneaky and too old to be any kind of appropriate friend to you." he said.

"Oh, please. He's only a year and some months older. And if anything, he's the most polite person I've ever met." I said.

"That's how they get you." he said, bein stubborn. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you say, T-Rex." I said and turned around to walk back to the apartment.

"It is whatever I say. And go put some clothes on!" he said, examining my outfit.