Chapter 6

The next day, you woke up and prepared for school as usual

The next day, you woke up and prepared for school as usual. You walked with Osano, who was surprisingly silent throughout the journey. Although you didn't mind the silence, he seemed visibly out of sorts, perhaps even upset.
You were on the verge of asking him what was wrong, but he shot you a mean glance, indicating that he didn't want to discuss it, so you let it be. You felt a bit relieved when Osano led you to the same spot where you talked yesterday by the school gate. Honestly, you didn't know what you would do without your best friend to confide in and give you negative feedback on shit.

"Hey... so, that book in your bag. I noticed you were getting sucked into it," Osano said, starting a conversation.
You hummed and tilted your head, curiosity filling you as you wondered why Osano was suddenly interested in your book, but you went along with it anyway. You dug through your bag and pulled out the book Osano was talking about. It had a white paper cover with a neatly printed drawing of a character. "You mean this one?" you asked, holding it up for him to see.

"Yeah—" Osano paused for a second, inspecting the book you were holding. He raised an eyebrow as he looked at you with a strange expression. "Is that manga?" he asked.
"Yup!" you said, nodding your head vigorously. Osano snickered, cracking a smile. "I never knew you liked manga. You're usually doing... other things in your free time. Well, you know... before you quit your at-home activities," he cautiously said, not wanting to upset you.

You smiled and shrugged your shoulders. "Well, now that I have more time on my hands, I figured I'd try out new things, like reading manga, for example. This one has a pretty good storyline going," you explained.
"Oh yeah?" Osano acknowledged. "What's it about?" he asked. You froze as your face grew red, hugging the manga to your chest. "Uh... it's a reverse harem," you explained, embarrassingly looking down at your feet.

"Are you serious?" Osano said, stifling a laugh. "I like it, okay!?" you shouted, puffing out your cheeks and furrowing your eyebrows. "What's so special about a bunch of hopeless romantics?" Osano playfully scoffed. "I don't know, but I enjoy reading it," you said, smiling.
"Would you like to borrow it?" you asked, showing him the book again.

Osano gave you a look of disgust and shoved your hands away. "As if! I don't want to get caught reading that in school."
You frowned and looked down at the book, reconsidering if bringing it to school was a good idea. "Oh... I'm sorry. I guess I didn't look at it that way," you said, slipping the book back into your bag. Osano's eyes widened, realizing that he had upset you. He began to panic, trying to come up with the right words... but failed.

"H-Hey! I didn't say I wouldn't like to read it!" Osano defended, reaching into your bag and snatching the manga. You looked at him in shock, but then your smile returned, growing into a big gasping squeal. "I'm so glad! Let me know what you think of it after school, okay?"
Osano turned away, hiding his blush as he gave you a slight nod, then walked away to go talk to Rai. You smiled and walked into the school, making your way upstairs to your classroom to set your bag down.

As you put your stuff down, you felt your phone in your skirt pocket buzz, signaling that you got a message. You smiled as you dug your phone out of your pocket, expecting to see a text message from your brother, but instead, you were greeted with a text message from an unknown number.

[7:17] ???: Someone is watching you.

Feeling a sudden chill, you read the message again to make sure you read it correctly. Your heart raced as you glanced around the classroom, feeling a sense of unease. Unsure of what to do, you considered showing the message to a teacher or telling Osano, but you hesitated, not wanting to cause unnecessary worry.

[7:19] @(y/n): What are you playing at?

[7:23] ???: . . .

[7:27] ???: You're not even going to ask who I am or how I got your number?

[7:30] ???: Interesting...

Feeling a mix of fear, you opened up the chat with your brother, intending to tell him what had happened. However, as you were about to type, another text from the unknown number popped up.

[ 7:33] ???: There is no use in texting your brother about me. He can't do anything about it.

Your heart raced as you read the message, and a cold shiver ran down your spine. Feeling paralyzed with fear, you stood there with a blank look in your eyes, staring at your phone screen.

...what the fuck..?
_________________________________

<love interests>

❥ osano najimi

✘ ayato aishi

❥ mujo kina

❥ amao odayaka

_________________________________

❥ osano najimi: (14%) him being quiet this morning had nothing to do with you, don't worry. He was surprised that you like to read manga of all things, but he is happy that you are trying new things. He's happy that you lent him the book, even if he wasn't interested in reverse harems.

❥ info-kun: (10%) he is glad to have found somebody to mess with. He is hoping to discuss some business someday since you seem to have dangerous connections.

+ potential love interest unlocked!