Chapter 12

You stood outside the school gate eagerly awaiting your orange-haired best friend, Osano, to meet you

You stood outside the school gate eagerly awaiting your orange-haired best friend, Osano, to meet you. "Hey, Osano! What did you think of the manga?" you asked as he approached. An embarrassed and sad expression crossed his face as he stood before you.
Osano looked down at his feet and pulled the book he borrowed from your bag. "I'm so sorry, (Y/n)," he said, handing you the book, which appeared to have been dipped in the school pool. You gasped, "Osano...how did this happen?" taking the wet book from his hands.

"I swear it wasn't me! I just looked away for a minute," Osano said, his voice filled with regret. You stared at the book and smiled. Then, you looked up at him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, don't worry about it. I know you didn't do it on purpose," you reassured him.
Osano stared at you in shock, his mouth gaping open. Ayato, who was standing behind a tree spying on the conversation, was equally surprised. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. After sabotaging Osano and blaming him for ruining something you treasured, he didn't think it would be too difficult to damage your relationship with him.

Ayato seemed to have underestimated your trust in Osano. After all, you had known each other since you were kids.
After watching the two of you leave school, Ayato stayed behind, lurking behind the tree, deep in thought. If losing your trust in Osano didn't work out, then he had to consider something more drastic.

He needed a plan to grab your attention, something that would shake you up, something to make you question everything. Ayato was determined to find a way to make you lose a bit of your sanity, hoping it would force you to reconsider everything.
Ayato's head perked up at the sound of faint chatter. Snapping out of his thoughts, he turned his head towards the front doors of the school, where he spotted Saki Miyu and Aijia Iseri, the two first years in the cooking club, one of whom was your best friend. Ayato's lips thinned into a devious grin as he recalled how close you were to Saki. His thoughts began to dig deeper into the back of his mind. He knew just what to do.
_________________________________

<love interests>

❥ osano najimi

✘ ayato aishi

❥ mujo kina

❥ amao odayaka

✘ info kun

❥ kizano sunobu

_________________________________

❥ osano najimi: (16%) he is glad you are not mad at him, but he is still feeling guilty for not taking good care of your book.