Chapter 2

The second bell rang, signaling it was time for lunch

The second bell rang, signaling it was time for lunch. You stood up from your seat and made your way to the ladies' restroom before heading up the steps to the rooftop to meet up with Osano. As you reached the rooftop, you immediately spotted Osano, who looked nervous as he stood there holding a bento wrapped with a pink cloth.
     "Hey there," you greeted him halfway, making your way over to him with a soft smile, sensing his nervousness and wanting to ease the tension.

     "Here..." Osano said, avoiding eye contact as he awkwardly shoved the bento in your direction.

     "What's this? A bento?" You asked, taking it from him, curious about the unexpected gesture.

     "It is what it looks like, you idiot!" He blurted out, his face turning red with embarrassment. "You made me a bento?" You asked, smiling warmly at him, touched by the gesture despite his tsundere demeanor.
     "Don't get the wrong idea—I just... made too much food this morning. S-So you can have the extras," he stammered out, his cheeks flushing even redder. You smiled, finding his awkwardness endearing. "I believe you," you said, teasing him gently with a giggle.

     "Hey! Don't look at me like that, okay? Just sh-shut up and eat your bento... Jeez!" He said, huffing in embarrassment, trying to mask his flustered state as you laughed gently at his reaction. You sat down on the bench next to the two of you and carefully unwrapped the cloth off the bento. Opening it up, you were greeted by a variety of foods: rice balls, fruits shaped like animals, and a pastry tucked in the corner, all neatly arranged and prepared with care.

     Your eyes sparkled with delight. "Oh, wow! This looks good! I can tell you worked hard to make this," you said, genuinely impressed by the effort Osano had put into preparing the bento for you.
     "It's nothing special..." He mumbled, looking down, his cheeks tinged with a hint of pink from embarrassment at being praised.

     "Oh, come on... Don't say that," you said, trying to cheer him up, appreciating his modesty but wanting to reassure him of your genuine appreciation for his gesture. "Time to dig in!" You exclaimed, grabbing the pair of chopsticks and taking a bite of the pastry first. Your taste buds exploded with sweet flavor, and you couldn't help but let out a satisfied hum of delight.

"Do you like it?" Osano asked nervously, bringing his hand up to his mouth and biting one of his fingernails in anticipation.
You eagerly nodded your head. "It tastes great!" You exclaimed, smiling warmly at him, hoping to reassure him of your genuine enjoyment of the meal he had prepared.

"Really? Y-You like my food?" Osano asked a hint of surprise and a shy smile creeping onto his face as he tried to hide his happiness.
"Of course I do! Why wouldn't I like your food, Osano? I'm always happy to try anything you make for me," you said, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder, expressing your genuine appreciation for his efforts and culinary skills.

     "Idiot... don't say stuff like that," he said, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment, but a hint of a smile playing on his lips, unable to fully hide his happiness at your words.
As soon as lunch was over, you and your friend made your way back downstairs and returned to your class, ready to continue with the rest of the school day.
_________________________________

<love interests>

❥ osano najimi

✘ ayato aishi

_________________________________

❥ osano najimi: (11%) percentage up three points. He's really happy you liked his cooking. You smiling makes him happy.