Chapter 13: Virginity Lost

Desire; A feeling of wanting or longing for something. It's a word that lingers on the tip of the tongue, elusive yet undeniable in its presence.

All her life, Amelia had been told desire ought to be suppressed. Or better yet, rejected all together. Desire was an evil thing. A temptation a proper lady should reject.

But sitting here, in that rocking carriage, Amelia found herself wondering how evil could ever look so ethereal. Lucian sat across her, commanding yet gentle, his marble skin accentuated by the pale moonlight.

She watched as his eyes, dark pools of desire, locked onto her. Seemingly drawing her in with an irresistible magnetism.

In the eyes of society, a lady's desires are to be confined to the realm of duty and obligation, to be sacrificed at the altar of respectability and virtue. But having desires is human, is it not? Without sex there is no life, without desiring love, there is no love. The countess and Mr Gallagher acted on their desires. So did Wallace and lord Montgomery. They held on to what little freedom they had and explored all their desires within the shadows of their lives.

Perhaps that was a more accurate description of the word.

Desire; a fundamental truth that saints turn into sinners when shadows envelop them. 

And her shadowed desire was sitting right across from her in all his glory.

As soon as Lucian helped her out of the carriage, Amelia knew she didn't want to let go. Her hands were itching to grab his hand when they entered her aunt's house.

Her mind hardly gestured her aunt's words nor Lucian's highly censored tales as he recounted the night to the lady of the house. The tension was so thick with unfulfilled desires that Amelia nearly bursted out of her skin when she walked up the stairs.

"I can't be alone tonight." She finally blurted out when they were alone in the hallway between their rooms.

Lucian took a step towards her, and as she met his gaze, she felt a rush of adrenaline surge through her veins, electrifying every nerve ending in her body.

"I mean, I can be alone—but I—what I really mean is, I don't want to be alone, not tonight."

Each breath felt like a whisper against her skin, stirring something deep within her that she couldn't quite name.

"Please, Lucian."

He was so close that she felt the heat of his body radiate against her own, igniting a fire within her that threatened to consume her whole as he whispered in her ear. "My room or yours?"

In that moment, she knew that she was ready to surrender herself to the undeniable chemistry that simmered between them, to explore the depths of desire that awaited her with him by her side. And as she leaned in to capture his lips with her own, she felt a sense of liberation wash over her, knowing that she was finally embracing her true desires without reservation or restraint.

"Mine."

Her bedroom felt so foreign with Lucian in it as he revealed his true form, much like he had done the night she summoned him. His eyes shamelessly glided over her body in a way that made her blush.

"So—Lucian? I'm not sure what I should do or say?" Amelia said, wondering why she couldn't remember anything she had read about in what little obscenity novels she had read. Did they even mention this part? She couldn't recall. The biology books most certainly did not mention this.

Lucian approached her slowly, every sway of his hips fluid and sinuous. "Tell me what you imagined when you were touching yourself." he said, his voice dripping with seduction.