Chapter 11: Out of the closet

Lucian watched Amelia's fingers tremble as she reached out and wanted to pull away. Fearful that she still didn't trust him. But gentle fingers traced the line of his jaw, her touch feather-light yet electric.

"I don't think I care for the Countess and Mr Gallagher," she breathed, her voice laden with vulnerability and curiosity. "I want to understand why you are not kissing me right now."

A mixture of surprise and desire flickered in Lucian's eyes. "Just because you look absolutely breathtaking doesn't mean that I can't see what you are doing, angel."

Slowly, Amelia arched her back to close the distance between them. "Whatever do you mean?"

Lucian's hands found their place at the small of her back, drawing her nearer. Their bodies were mere inches apart, their breaths mingling in the charged air. "You are trying to seduce a seducer?"

"Is it working?"

In that suspended moment, time seemed to stand still. The anticipation crackled between them like electricity, their hearts beating in sync as Lucian's gaze, dark and intense, bore into Amelia's eyes, searching for any hint of doubt or hesitation. When he didn't find any, he leaned in closer, her lips mere inches from his. The room seemed to shrink, enclosing them in a private bubble of intimacy.

As their lips met, Lucian took it upon himself to guide Amelia through the intricacies of their kiss. He moved with a deliberate slowness, savouring each sensation and ensuring that Amelia followed his guidance. His lips brushed against hers in a demanding exploration, teasing and coaxing a response.

And she responded with all that she had. The warmth of her lips, the mingling of their breath, and the subtle dance of their tongues. Each movement was intentional for him, but a discovery for his angel.

As their lips parted, leaving them both breathless, Lucian's voice broke the silence. "Amelia, if you want to stop, say so now." he murmured, his eyes searching hers.

Amelia shook her head, her cheeks flushed with the intensity of their kiss. "Don't–please, don't stop. I'll go mad if you reject me again."

Now, those were the words he wanted to hear.

With a devilish smirk, Lucian took her hand and guided her along the shadows of the dimly lit corridor, away from the prying eyes of the other guests.

A symphony of whispered desires caressed their ears. The faint strains of music from the ballroom accompanied the moans, creating an intimate ambiance that heightened Lucian's senses. If only his little angel in emerald green knew the extent of his desire. Oh, how she had teased him throughout the evening.

Would she finally be willing to give herself without fear?

With a smouldering look in his eyes that he was certain heightened the heat between her thighs, Lucian held open a door to one of the empty rooms. If the thick red velvet curtains and romantic candle light wasn't enough of a hint, the large bed with ruby silk sheets in the middle of the room left certainly no room for doubts; this room was made for sex.

And his green angel entered willingly.

Amelia slowly turned to Lucian. She looked like a princess in that dress but seeing her eyes widen with lust Lucian let his wicked thoughts take over his senses. He had been wondering all evening what she would look like without that dress. Hell, he had been wondering about it for far longer than tonight. But before he could say a word, a peal of laughter broke through the silence, and they both froze.

"Someone's coming," Amelia gasped. The footsteps drew nearer fast, and they both looked around the room in panic.

For a moment Lucian, cursed under his breath. He could just disappear into the shadows, but there was no way in hell he would leave Amelia alone. Not now. He stubbornly kept holding her arm, searching desperately for a place to hide her.

When voices were right outside the door, Lucian wrenched open a closet door, and pulled Amelia into the closet with him.

The door to the closet shut just as the study door opened, and the glow of the distant ballroom illuminated the edges of the doorframe just enough for Lucian to make out Amelia's flustered face as she was pressed flush against his broad frame in the narrow closet, her breasts heaving against his chest.

"You've been ignoring my summons." The woman's voice carried an air of elegance, and her companion replied to her with a chuckle and a teasing, "I'm here now, darling. How may I worship my lady tonight."

Amelia's big brown eyes looked up at Lucian in shock and she gasped. "That's Mr. Gallagher and–"

Lucian clamped a hand over her mouth. "Shh." She rolls her eyes and pushes his hand away before twisting around to peek through the crack. But Lucian pulled her flush against him, inadvertently hoisting her ass up to the front of his trousers. This new position brought another gasp to Amelia's lips that he had to smutter with his hand.

"Worship me? Why does my Michaelangelo have any sins to confess?" Countess Khan purred as she sat down on the edge of the bed like a queen sitting down on her throne.

Another low chuckle, and through the crack both Amelia and Lucian could see the painter getting down on his knees. "Oh, so many sins. I've been thinking about you ever since our last painting session. And you look so beautiful tonight, my countess."

"Benjamin," Countess Khan moaned. "Say my name. I don't want to hear my title within this room."

"As you wish, Eshana."

Lucian closed his eyes to keep a slither of control when he felt Amelia's ass brush against him as she witnessed Mr Gallagher hike up the Countess' skirts through the crack. He doesn't need his eyes to know exactly what's transpiring outside the closet, and he's sure Amelia has caught up too.

But this was not supposed to be how her first exposure to sex should go. She was supposed to be watching him with those luscious lips and heaving breasts, not some countess and her painter for pleasure. Lucian could make out the high colour in Amelia's cheeks and he swore that her eyes just flicked back at him.

Could she see the desire in his eyes? Or feel his hardness pressing against her?

He should just turn his angel around and kiss her senseless. Do all the lewd things he'd imagined doing to her, whispering her every desire back to her while she dissolves into pleasure. But that wouldn't help her in becoming his amtum. And then this deal would all have been for naught.

God be damned, why did patience have to be a virtue? Demons didn't possess virtues.

And if her wiggling was any indication, patience wasn't a virtue Amelia possessed either. With a sly smile, Lucian slid his hand around her waist, pulling Amelia back against his chest to whisper in her ear, "I'll make you feel so much better than whatever Benjamin fucking Gallagher doles out to his Eshana."

Amelia's lips parted, and she froze underneath his hands. But unlike last time, he swears he hears her soft moan.

"Any moment I share with you is a moment I will treasure." Benjamin replied to his Eshana in a husky voice.

"You have been reading obscenities with the men again, haven't you?" the Countess cooed. "Speaking pretty words won't please me, handsome. You'll have to put that tongue to better use."

The moans and lapping sounds swirled in the air, painting a vivid picture of the clandestine love shared between the countess and her painter.

Suddenly, a noise beyond the room startled the lovers and before Amelia or Lucian could even register the rustling of silks the closet doors swung open. The Countess's eyes widened, her hand flying to her mouth in an attempt to stifle a gasp as she stared at Amelia and Lucian.

"We simply were admiring the exquisite craftsmanship of this closet." Was all Amelia managed to say, knocking on the wooden door in an attempt to make her claim seem more believable. "Real sturdy."