Chapter 3: Oh My Lord

The first rays of dawn cascaded through Amelia's bedroom window, painting the room in hues of soft gold. She blinked, grogginess slowly fading away as she registered the morning light. Her throat felt hoarse and her limbs heavy as she stared up at her bedroom ceiling, letting the memories of the previous night crash down on her.

Within one night she had gone from summoning a demon, to touching herself in his presence. Had she succumbed to temptation too easily? Was she now branded as a 'fallen woman'? Her heart weighed heavily with the fear of judgement if word ever got out. But amidst the guilt and uncertainty, Amelia found herself grappling with a deeper truth.

She liked it.

Last night, a little bit of that fear died and gave way to an entirely new feeling; lust. Amelia swallowed a whimper as she recalled Lucian's voice guiding her. It was so wonderful—so intense—and she imagined—

Panic shot through her veins as she realised how far her own thoughts had gone.

In the chaise beside her bed lay the enigmatic demon, sprawled out on the furniture that was too small for his large frame. Now that he was asleep, Amelia felt more comfortable to observe him closer. Without those dark alluring eyes distracting her, she could see that he truly was an angelic beauty, with flawless skin, sharp cheekbones and lush lips. She wondered how his skin felt, but caught herself.

No, she had to focus on the matter at hand. If the implication of Lucian's presence in her room became known, it would be the death of her. Literally.

"Lucian!" Amelia whispered urgently, her voice barely audible in the quiet room. She tried again a bit louder, willing him to wake. "You must hide. If my aunt finds you here, she will have our heads."

Lucian stirred, his eyes fluttering open as he gradually became aware of Amelia's voice. "Ah, the darling Amelia, already awake and stirring up trouble." He gave her a mischievous wink. "There is one thing you should know about me, angel. I never hide."

With practised ease, Lucian slipped out of the chaise, stretching out his limbs as he walked through the room. Amelia's heart raced as she watched him observe her dishevelled bed.

"Well, I guess I'll have to lock you up then because you are not coming down with me." She challenged him.

Lucian turned around to face her with an infinitely amused smirk. "Are we already progressing to confining your master? My, my, you are a fast learner. Will you tie me up to your bed?"

She glared at him and silently scolded herself for immediately conjuring up that mental image. "Maybe," she started, "I will. This is the only place where you can hide."

The way he grinned back at her before picking up a red ribbon from her desk and tying his hair back into a low ponytail sent her brain spinning. "I hope you have something strong to tie me down to those bedposts."

That was not how he was supposed to react. And now, she instinctively blocked his path as he took a step towards her bed. "Could you at least wait outside for a few minutes? I need to get dressed."

Lucian's laugh cut through the morning silence. "My dear Amelia, are you truly so modest? After the intimacy we shared last night? What's a bit of modesty when compared to the secrets we now possess?"

Amelia's cheeks flushed, a mixture of embarrassment and indignation flooding her. "I'm not modest, Lucian. But I need to consider my reputation."

Lucian chuckled, "ah, your propriety. Such an amusingly convoluted concept, don't you think? But very well, my angel. I shall wait outside, shielding your delicate sensibilities from the scandalous sight of a man. Take all the time you need."