Eulisses ignored my question and asked:

"What do you plan to do with all these?

-Open a gift shop? I would have enough money for a life just by keeping 1/12th of these."

I suddenly had an amazing idea:

"By the way, Eulisses."

He immediately shook his head:

"No.

-But...

-I thank my Lord for his generosity but I wouldn't dare accept any of these.

-How did you know? Anyway, please, just one tower. Just take one tower with you.

-I don't deserve such a gift.

-But you are doing an amazing job! You deserve a bonus.

-I am honored by my Lord's generosity but a nobody like me couldn't possibly dream of something so big."

I frowned:

"You are just saying that because you don't want this problem to pass on to you.

-Mister... How could you come up with such shameful things?"

I rolled my eyes:

"Yeah, yeah. Let's cut the act. Just take three boxes.

-His Highness the Duke would kill me if I stole from your Majesty.

-It isn't stealing if I am giving it to you.

-The Duke wouldn't see it in such a light.

-Two boxes.

-That would be enough to feed a family for three generations.

-One. That's my final offer.

-I don't feel worthy.

-You!"

I didn't have time to argue more that I heard a timid knock on the door. Both Eulisses and I turned to the origin of the sound but when the door opened we didn't see anything. Once we looked down we finally noticed something. A tiny blond head peaked inside the room and she got taken aback by a surface being way closer than she would have thought. She seemed to think that she went to the wrong room for a second but she soon realized that what she was seeing were gifts and her red eyes turned huge.

"Wow..."

Her mouth turned round and she couldn't stop looking from one package to the other. She looked exactly like a child would in a gift shop and it was the first time I saw that child so happy. Seeing Arora, I tried my best to path a way towards her. After long seconds she finally spotted me and her smile widened:

"Good morning, Dad. How are you feeling today?"

I still couldn't get used to being called that.

"I am doing great!"

Arora didn't seem to believe me as her eyes went down to my ankle. I tried hiding it but it was meaningless:

"It doesn't hurt that bad. The doctor said that it is healing steadily. Soon I'll be running after the rabbits again."

Seeing Eulisses frown made me shrug. I had no idea either. I just was bad at lying it seemed.

"I am relieved to hear that!"

Fortunately Arora didn't notice. Or maybe she just thought that it was normal for me to be weird. Should I be offended?

"Me too. I can't wait for it to heal."

Arora looked back at the boxes:

"May I ask what all of this is about?

-Ephraim has way too much money and has no idea what to spend it on."

Arora's smile immediately froze:

"Did His Highness the Duke send you all of this?"

She looked back at the packages but this time, her eyes looked far from excited. I wanted to hit my mouth. Those stupid lips. Why couldn't I think before speaking? Of course Arora would be sad hearing that Ephraim was the one who sent me all of this. Her father never paid attention to her and never bought her any gifts. I had to quickly come up with an excuse:

"But it's not only for me!"

Arora's ears immediately stood up.

"Look."

I had no idea what was in most of the boxes and I rushed up to one which I knew contained biscuits. It was one of the first ones I got and I struggled to find it again. I grabbed the cookies and rushed back towards Arora. Everyone liked cookies and fortunately the gifts were soulless enough to be gifted to anyone.

"Half of the gifts are for you. They just got all mixed up for some reason. Once I get everything sorted out I will bring them to you alright?

-The Duke sent gifts for me?"

Arora either she wanted to believe it or she believed me because she immediately got her smile back:

"May I help you get them sorted out?"

I looked back at the number of boxes.

"But it could take a few days... Or weeks.

-I don't mind! I would love to spend time with my father.

-Well, I can't say no to some extra hands."