Day 47: Purple

It was an odd thing to see Gabriel in a purple suit. Gabriel, not Hawk Moth.

But the color looked good on him.

"It's been a while since I've seen you in purple," she told him.

He looked down at his jacket. "It may have some less-than-pleasant memories, but I do like the color."

"It looks good on you."

He smiled. "You think so? I'd hope to look my best for our engagement party." He covered her hand with his. "But I believe the attention will be on you."

"What makes you say that?"

"Look in the mirror." He squeezed her hand.

Even Adrien's bodyguard smiled from the driver's seat.

"I hope we made the right choice inviting Adrien's class," Gabriel murmured.

"They may be teenagers, but I'm sure everything will be fine. They're Adrien's friends."

"That's what worries me."

Once out of the car, they went inside Le Grand Paris Hotel. Though some people were already there, including most of the class, Adrien, Marinette, and Alya were nowhere to be seen. Over the last few years, Marinette's tendency to be late had rubbed off on Adrien.

But they showed up a minute later. "Sorry we're late!" Adrien apologized hurriedly. "Marinette had to finish baking the macarons!"

Purple macarons, in fact.

Gabriel and Nathalie smiled.