Chapter 𝐕𝐈𝐈

Neeks☠️ is now online

☠️: hey Will

Will☀️ is now online

☀️: What's up?

☠️: are you free right now?

☀️: Yeah, why?

Nico hesitated for a moment, his finger lingering over the call button. He wanted to apologize to Will for making such a big fuss two days ago over nothing, but couldn't bring himself to do so.

Finally, his finger slipped onto the button and tapped it. "Ah, fuck!" Nico cursed while pressing the phone to his ear.

A beep. "Hello?" Will's voice was husky, sending a shiver down Nico's spine while a wave of embarrassment rushed over him. "Nico?"

"Yeah, this is me." Nico slapped his forehead. "Um, look. I just wanted to apologize for being all weird two days ago after studying. I know you already talked to Bia and Jason, so I don't have much to say. You just reminded me of my mom."

Silence. Shit.

"It's alright, Neeks." Will inhaled sharply after blubbering the old nickname, sending a blush to both of their faces. Thankfully, they weren't speaking face-to-face. "Er-"

"So, when do you want to study next?" Nico recovered his sanity and mustered the courage to speak. "I know it's the weekend, so I just want to be prepared."

"I have a game tomorrow night, so we can't really study then," Will explained. "But Tuesday is fine."

"Yeah, I don't have anything going on Tuesday," Nico responded, flopping down onto his bed. "Fuck it, I don't ever have anything going on. I have the social battery of a chicken nugget."

He didn't mean to joke like that, but it resulted in laughter from Will. "Yeah, have fun with that. Is 5:30 alright?"

"Do you always have practice until 5:00?" Nico questioned, absentmindedly messing with his hair.

"Yeah, every day except for game days," He said. "Listen, I'm going to the gym right now. I've got to go. See you tomorrow!"

"Okay, see you-" Nico was left staring at the empty screen, almost missing his conversations with Will. "Fuck, I'm calling Jason. We should do something today."

Little did he know, Bianca was standing out in the hallway, her ear pressed against the door. She heard Nico's awkward conversation with Will, sending a quiet squeal from her lips.

"Jason!" He shouted into the phone once his friend picked up. "Jason, I want to do something today!"

"Group sleepover?" He offered. "You know what, I'm inviting everyone over. Bring Bianca if you want!"

"Yeah! I'm coming over!"

As Nico slammed his door open, he heard a soft groan coming from Bianca. She was standing against the wall, holding her cheek with her right hand. "Good fucking god, Nico. You're eager to get out of the house."

He stared at her in disgust. "Were you–Were you spying on me? You're creepier than Will is! Thank the lord I'm staying at Jason's tonight."

"I don't think Mrs. Grace will appreciate you guys trashing the house again," Bianca cringed. "Also, Thalia got scary last time. Thankfully, she and I are hanging out tonight. She's staying over here."

"Good," He snorted. "I'm packing up and getting the fuck away from here. Have fun spying on me now, Bia."

Just like that, Nico packed a small overnight bag for the Grace's house. Jason's family had always been kind about having visitors, especially since Jason's father was a police officer. He had known about Maria's abuse once they moved into the states, even if she was dead before any arrests could be made.