Parents

As soon as we got back to London, Dad's drivers were waiting for us. It was morning, and by the time we got home, it would be around ten in the morning, as my parents live on the other side, where the port is. And let's say, driving through the whole of London takes a while.

But still, I don't want to go there. They'll yell at Dream, and I don't like it. It's not his fault. How could he predict that something like this would happen, but knowing my parents, he should also know how many bacteria are in my vicinity.

And as I said, it happened. I was sitting with Mom on the couch, while Dream stood across from us, getting scolded by Dad, who had a bottle of hard liquor in his hand.

"Tell me, what am I paying you for?! To get paid for someone injuring my son?" Dad yelled angrily. His blood was boiling. I could totally see the aggression steaming from his red face.

"I apologize. Something like this will never happen again," Dream said for the umpteenth time, still with his head bowed to the floor. He had his stone-cold expression, but I knew he was probably scared.

"You've said that several times already. You don't seem sorry," Dad said and slapped him. I wanted to get up and stop it, but Mom pulled me back and covered my mouth. This was just between Dad and Dream.

"Displaying emotions is not part of my job description. Even if I'm disappointed," Dream said emotionlessly, but he didn't make eye contact. He was still looking at his shoes.

"Especially when you know what you're supposed to do and what you're not, but you can't do it. That really helps us," Dad said aggressively and looked like he was about to slap him again.

"Dad! Leave him alone!" I yelled and wanted to go after them, but even now, Mom pulled me back onto the couch.

"You be quiet. This is between the boss and the employee," Mom reprimanded me.

"But it's not his fault! How was he supposed to guess that something would happen at that moment? This is unfair," I said, and even though Mom clearly forbade me, I stood up and stood between Dad and Dream. I don't want him to attack him.

"Georgi, move. This is none of your concern," Dad ordered me clearly to pack up, but I won't listen to him. I don't want Dream to get hurt. He's been through enough.

"No. You'll hurt him." I shook my head and leaned back against Dream.

"I told you nicely to move, or you'll get it too," Dad growled angrily, but I just smiled again and shook my head. I was lucky that Dream was holding me and didn't back down.

"Gogy, listen to your dad. You have nothing to do between us. This isn't your conversation," Dream said and put his hand on my shoulder. He wanted me to leave, but I think he was very well aware that I wouldn't leave.

"Please? Gogy?! Are you still pampering your son?" Dad said angrily and exploded. I noticed that Dream immediately regretted calling me Gogy.

"No, your son asked me to. He even asked me to use his name and subsequently the abbreviation 'Gogy' came out, and I was asked to use this nickname. He himself says we're friends, but relationships with clients are prohibited," Dream replied, and I smiled at him. This meant that he admitted we were friends. He didn't say it directly, but I know.

"And no flirting or similar attempts, or you don't try that at all, am I right?" Mom asked again, and Dream nodded.

"Yes, I would never dare to flirt with my client, and I would never dare to suggest anything to the client that would make him understand that our relationships are different than purely professional," Dream said, and Mom nodded. I dare to disagree. When I was unshaven in the morning, he was kind of flirting with me.

"That's true, right, honey?" Mom asked me for a change, and I just nodded. Although that only flirting... well, okay, I'll let it go. I don't want him to get in trouble or get fired. Oh God, just not that.

"Yes, he never suggested anything. And I tested him, you know how hard it was to teach him to use my name?" I said, and Mom laughed.

"So you see, all you had to do was ask. And you don't have to beat him up. You see for yourself that you won't do anything to him," Mom said towards Dad, who muttered something offended and looked like he was offended.

765 words