"𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦'𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫"

her eyes wandered from the tall tree down to the girl standing in front of it

"she's really gonna miss that tree huh?"

a small, offended gasp left Vanessa's mouth
"excuse you?"

The awkward expression on Grovers face when he peered at Vanessa clarified that Percy didn't know about Thalia yet.

The satyr took a hold of the question.
"when Annabeth first arrived here with Thalia and Luke they were being chased by monsters."

"agents of hades, sisters." Vanessa chimed in.

Percy's eyebrows furrows and he nods "Furies, Mrs.dodds."

"Exactly, one was our algebra teacher, Alecto."

Vanessa didn't mean to chime in again, or maybe she did, it didn't matter because she was already talking now.

"Thalia turned back to fight to buy her friends some time, her satyr protector tried to stop her but she wouldn't listen."

The girl knew that Grover was their satyr protector, but she didn't mention it to Percy. Which, thinking about it now, she probably should've.

"So at the last moment.. Zeus intertwined to save her life and.. well, he decided to make her a tree."

Vanessa held back a scoff, she didn't want Zeus to strike her down right before her first ever quest.

"The most powerful being in the universes best idea to save his daughter's life .. was to turn her into a tree?"

The Aphrodite girl would've laughed if it wasn't for Annabeth making her way over to the three.

"She was the bravest demi-god I ever knew."

Even if Vanessa didn't know Thalia she nodded.

Talk about a switch up.

She'd never forget the nights when she sat with Annabeth at the bonfire and she'd tell her all about Thalia. They would talk for hours and hours while roasting marshmallows. And the stories Vanessa would hear were obviously interesting since every single one of the marshmallows would've been burnt when she actually noticed she was holding one in her hand.