"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 .. 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐥"

sweat dripped down her neck,

she had been practicing with her bow and arrow for a while now. Vanessa's mind was already drifting to what she would have for dessert today. Her only motivation to even be here was most definitely to honor the one and only Cupid.

and about her sweating, no, that did most not mean she didn't look good.
Honestly when didn't she look good?

You wouldn't be able to name a single time even if you spent your whole life trying to figure it out.
Call it what you want, it's simply a gift from her mother.

She wore her iconic blue, jean shorts that had a small bow sewed onto the right side and her fitted and cropped camp half blood t-shirt.

One thing about Vanessa was that she loved bows.
She had sewed a small, pink bow on every single one of her clothes, if it was pants it'd be on the right pocket and if it was a top she had it sewed right above her heart, to the left.

It was her look and only her look.

— And was Luke watching? Yes. Yes he was.
Now don't twist my words just yet, Vanessa wasn't looking particularly fetch because he had his eyes glued on her. It didn't matter if the hottest guy at camp was looking and she wanted to impress him, but it was definitely a bonus.

The girl looked behind her at Luke and Chris that were standing out in the field, talking. As soon as they made eye contact her breath hitched.
For a split second, you could see small, red hearts in her dark eyes.

The look she gave was only directed towards Luke as she shot her target right in the middle, she kept their eye contact all throughout it. A small grin showing up on her face before she looked away, acting as if nothing had ever happened.

Have you heard of mixed signals before?

Oh, well if not, that's Vanessa's best friend. They get along really well.

She was about to shoot another target before someone rudely interrupted her by tapping on her shoulder. And before she knew it had she had shot her arrow and it had totally missed the target.

"okay, what the fu-?"
Vanessa blurred out but before she could finish her sentence she had turned around and realized who had just made her miss the target.

Percy Jackson.

Vanessa's angry outburst immediately disappeared as she looked down at her shoes .. almost as if she was embarrassed? Kind of a shocker, Percy didn't expect an Aphrodite kid to get embarrassed. But he didn't say that out loud, if he had Vanessa would've slapped him across the face and never talked to him again. He remembers that Luke warned him to not say something offensive about her mother, siblings or her being Aphrodites daughter.