82: CHASED BY DEATH

"I appreciate that you took the time for us to meet, Lord Liam. I might have acted very weird and rude, I hope you will forgive me for my actions." Cordelia apologized as Liam escorted her back to her carriage.

He had learned a lot with Cordelia. Somehow, his expectations that this date would result in something horrible, turns out a bit of fun for him. He learned that Cordelia prefers books, music, and poetry. She also likes the idea of equestrian, a sport that involves riding a horse.

He smiled at him, something that came out of him. It wasn't fake and it wasn't a big deal. He liked the various topics that they explored, especially since he was enthralled by how she delivered her thoughts and expressions about some things.

"I had already forgiven you. Please, do ride comfortably. I enjoyed the time you spared." Liam said, bowing his head while Cordelia just smiled at him, her cheeks flustered as she witnessed the smile on his face. It wasn't purely business or forced out, but it came out naturally.

"I too, enjoyed it. Thank you, Lord Liam." She said, looking away as she could feel her cheeks burning in flames. Soon, the carriage started to move as Cordelia bid her goodbye once again, waving her hand towards Liam who did the same until the carriage disappeared in his eyes.

The smile plastered on his lips fell and his persona came back from being cold. As he stared above, the sky was already set into the hues of a setting sun. That means he missed the opportunity to visit Felicia and teach her.

"Fuck." He couldn't help but cuss, sighing as he went to his carriage, waiting for him to board in. He had lost track of time and eventually spent most of his day with Cordelia, his fiancee.

He doesn't want it, he doesn't want the idea of someone other than the woman he had in his heart take the place, the spot in which he wanted to place her there. However, it's complicated.

Felicia is already set to marry the Crown Prince.

Meanwhile, what would he do?

He sighed, boarding the carriage as Benjamin opened the door for him to enter, then locked it as he finally sat and took the pleasure of rest. It must have been quite a long day as he spent more than an hour inside.

"What a long day. So, how was the date?" Benjamin asked, curious about how it went well. He saw the Lady when Liam brought her out of the cafe, she's extremely beautiful, like how nobles achieve looking pure.

"Shut up," Liam commented, leaning on the carriage seat and just staring outside, troubled with thoughts. Meanwhile, Benjamin didn't bother to push the topic further as it would only fuel an argument between the two of them.

The carriage didn't feel like it was a long ride. As a matter of fact, Liam arrived back in their castle while the Sun was still hot. They said that time runs fast when one's thought is occupied, it was true after all.

As he arrived, he stopped in his tracks as he saw the Marquis just meters away from him. The Marquis was staring at him, with such cold eyes one would think that he was no son of his.

"I greet the Marquis." He said coldly, returning the aura that the marquis exudes. His body was under the gaze of the old man, he never lifted his body as he remained bowing in his presence.

"I hope you didn't disappoint me, Liam." The Marquis commented. "That child is worth more than your life. She will become a great Marquess, so pull your shit together and stop running in that woman's direction. Such filthy bastard shouldn't be acquainted with the person who killed her mother." He added, sneering as he looked at Liam with such disgusted expression.

"But I guess birds with the same feathers flock together." He insulted, making Liam's jaw tightened in anger. "Whatever your relationship with that woman, end it. Or else you won't like what I'm about to do to you, once I found out about you still sticking with that brat." He added, turning his back against Liam as he climbed the stairs, leaving his son who was still bowing in his presence.