27: THE POPE'S EYES

They had finally reached the holiest land of the country, the Holy Land wherein Rachelle saw how big the church was. If she were to compare these to normal churches back in her world then this is incomparable to those as it looks like a damn castle adorned with crystals that shimmer under the sunlight.

The carriage doors opened and the first one who exited was Alexander. Felicia was about to unmount the carriage all by herself when Alexander extended his arm which made her blink twice, surprised because of his good mannerisms.

"What are you waiting for? Get out!" Alexander exclaimed which made her accept his hand and went out of the carriage, holding his hand for support. Helena was the last one to get off of the carriage but suddenly, Alexander's arm ensured Felicia, linking their arms together as they walked away from Helena who was embarrassed for not getting any assistance as she got off from the carriage.

Everyone seems very bewildered upon looking at Felicia, clearly oblivious of the fact that she was once the eldest daughter of the Duchess who was then hidden from the eyes of the public.

Murmurs filled the space as everyone looked at the two most dashing people, outshining others because of their looks. They recognised that it was the Duke's first son, Alexander the heir but the person who was clinging beside Alexander remains mysterious in their eyes.

"Alexander darling, where's Helena?" Tyren asked as she and the Duke approached the two of them, frowning upon seeing that it was Felicia who was in his arm, clinging closely while looking at them with a blank expression.

"I'm here, Mommy," Helena answered with a low tone, looking down. Seeing how low-spirited Helena became, Tyren's eyes became infuriated, looking at Felicia as she was ready to point her fingers at her once again.

"Is something wrong, mother?" Alexander asked with a cold tone, looking at Tyren with his eyebrow raised which made Tyren reflect on her behaviour and immediately flash a smile, grabbing Helena to her side.

"Let's go, the mass is starting." The Duke said upon looking at the church and started to walk on his own, not escorting the Duchess which made Felicia crack a smile on her face. Alexander and Felicia followed the Duke behind as she was being pulled by Alexander.

Meanwhile, the Duchess and Helena were behind them, following them like puppies with their owners. How funny.

"You're smiling, did something happen that amuses you?" Alexander asked as they began to walk further, striding elegantly as they followed the head of the house. Feliciaraisese her head and looked at Alexander's face, shaking her head.

"No, I just remembered something that's making me laugh." She replied to him, retracting her head back as she faced the front, walking inside of the church. Her eyes then strike on the tall statue of the Goddess, holding a sword.

'So this is the famous Goddess of the story... and the sword... looks similar in my vision...' she thought to herself as she stared into the Goddess, didn't realise that she was already sitting next to Alexander while the Duchess and Helena was on the Duke's side.

"It's your first time seeing the Goddess, right?" Alexander asked, noticing that Felicia was staring intently at the statue of the Goddess, not blinking her eyes. In his eyes, she looks so fascinated about the statue but in Felicia's pov, she was wondering where the sword is.

"Ah, yes... it is my first time after being locked in the annexe." She said, of course hitting Alexander's ego. It serves as a reminder that it's because of them that Felicia hasn't discovered anything outside as she had forgotten what it looks like since she was locked up ever since the Duchess died.

Alexander suddenly became cold and pale because of her words, startled because of her words. It's as if her words keep on poking in his heart that he swallowed a big lump in his throat, didn't expect the comeback.