CHAPTER 22: DELUSIONS

"Oh, I'm honoured that you have heard a lot of me. How astounding it is that the great prince is interested in me." Felicia said with a smile across her lips, trying to roll her eyes in front of the Crown Prince.

"Your Highness, we prepared lunch for you. I heard that you're only visiting for short notice. Would it be okay if we were to lead you to the dining room?" The Duchess their conversation off, walking towards the Crown Prince with a wide smile, welcoming the second highest man in this empire.

Seeing that the Duchess is so attentive to the Crown Prince, Felicia couldn't help but wonder if there were any hidden agendas besides this whole play of them, trying to win the favour of the crown prince.

"Ah, yes, please. But before that, I would like to have some alone time with my fiancee. If it's okay with the Duchess, as well as Alexander." The Crown Prince said, not denying the intent to converse with them during dinner.

"Talk to me? Why?" Felicia asked herself as she continued to stare at the Duchess. The Duchess's face irked in annoyance as she nodded her head and curtsied the Crown Prince in front of her, backing down first.

"Yes, Your Highness. Please, take your time to know your fiancee better. It would be our pleasure if you knew her well." Tyren answered the Crown Prince with a smile across her face, a fake smile to show.

Felicia's lips thinned, showing displeasure as she heard what Tyren had said in front of the crown prince. It's making her blood boil but since one of the royal descendants is here, she ought to stop herself from attacking the Duchess verbally.

"Thank you. Shall we go, My Lady?" The Crown Prince asked, extended his hand for Felicia to rely on. However, Felicia was contemplating whether to accept his hand or not, knowing that she had something personal with the crown prince.

In the end, Felicia accepted his hand, embracing his arm. It's a form of escorting the female, one of the crucial laws for etiquette. "Thank you for allowing us to chatter, Madame. Be at ease that he'll know me personally." She said with a smile, letting Tyren know that she knew about what she said earlier.

Instead of feeling mad about it, Tyren just smirked while Felicia and the Crown Prince started to walk together, leading the Crown Prince to one of their parlour rooms where guests should be led in terms of visiting.

It was silent as they walked hand in hand, no one tried to voice out anything. The Crown Prince was looking at the paintings on the wall, appreciating their mansion while Felicia didn't care at all and was just straight with her business of leading the Crown Prince to their parlour.

As soon as she arrived at their destination, maids were already stationed inside, with a complete set of tea and refreshments for the two of them. As soon as they both sat down, Felicia started to pour the tea into his teacup before sitting down.

"Please get out. I'll call anyone if there's a problem." Felicia said, commanding the maids who were stationed at the parlour room to assist them. All the maids bowed their heads and left the room without making any sounds at all.

Constantine, the Crown Prince was sipping his tea, observing Felicia with his black eyes, feeling like his interest had been piqued by this woman whom he had heard from Liam and Alexander.

Alexander has written him a lot of letters with the content of how absurd it is that his sister was an obsessed freak, disgusting and an utter clutch. Yet Liam's words weren't displaying anything that ruined Felicia's reputation. Rather, Liam speaks too highly of this woman in front of him, as if she's closer to what perfect means to Liam.

"Seems like you've got something in your head. I've noticed that you're constantly looking at me with your black eyes. Is there something that you would like to tell me, Your Highness Constantine?" Felicia asked, putting her teacup as she looked at him with eyes expressing her boredom.