Gilly just nodded, having a feeling he would come around, as she did. "I just think it's a waste of time for you to be hanging out here when there's something you want out there," Luffy replied, moving to untie the left arm. "Good luck on the sword thing," Luffy said, walking back to the sewer grate. Gilly smiled at Zoro. "Hope it works out," she said sweetly, following Luffy. Gilly hopped back in first. "Hey, can you close this behind me... thanks," Luffy shouted towards Zoro as he hopped back into the pipe.

The two ventured further until they came across another grate. They listened in hearing the scene below with the girl impersonating a marine. They both fell through, landing on a table. Luffy landed on his feet, and Gilly landed square on her bum. Getting up first, Luffy peeked through the shelves of maps and ducked. "What?" Gilly whispered, panicked, dropping to the floor. "A marine," Luffy said, though he sounded unsure. Slowly, they made their way towards the orange-haired girl. As they neared, the girl took out a collapsible bow staff. "Woah, hey, hey, hey, no, don't do that," Luffy said, putting his hand up, moving to stand in front of Gilly. "I'm taking you into custody for trespassing on a marine base," she replied, still on guard. Gilly laughed. "Better take yourself into custody too, 'cause you're not a marine," Gilly said.

"Am too," she replied, not breaking. Luffy sang, "No, you're not." "We heard everything. You stole that guy's uniform, and now you're looking for my map." "Your map?" she questioned, moving the bow staff. "Yep, my map to the Grand Line." "It's my map, and I'm not leaving here without it." "Suit yourself," he said, walking past her, Gilly following quickly behind. "Hey, hey, get back here," the tangerine-haired girl called out, following the two. "Do you have any idea what you're doing?" she whispered. "Looking for that Morgan guy's office. Maps there, right?" They continued down the corridor. "That's your plan? Just walk into Axe-Hand Morgan's office and ask him for the map?" "I may have to fight him for it. Why do they call him Axe-Hand, anyway?" "He has an axe for a hand," Gilly replied. "Oh, that makes sense," Luffy said thoughtfully. The girl snapped, getting the two's attention. "We need a plan." Right then, the three ran into Axe-Hand Morgan. Gilly gulped nervously, glancing down at his axe hand, while Luffy looked at it like a kid looking at a shiny toy. "Captain Morgan, sir, I was just escorting these prisoners to the brig," Gilly nodded, looking between the girl and Captain Morgan. "Yeah, prisoners," Luffy affirmed. "I've never seen you before," Captain Morgan said, stepping up to the orange-haired girl. "I'm a transfer from the 77th, sir." Gilly was impressed by how quick the girl was on her feet. "What's your name, Private?" he asked, moving his Axe-Hand dangerously close to her neck. "Nami, sir. I put in a request to serve under your command," she answered. This pleased him as he let up. "Wise choice. I expect great things from you." "Yeah, she's the best," Luffy smiled, punching her slightly on the arm. Gilly kicked him lightly and shook her head ever so slightly. He seemed to get the message as he changed up his tune. "I... I mean, she's the best of the worst." "I hate Marines." "Y... yeah, me too, can't stand 'em," Gilly added, playing along. He glanced between the three. "Carry on," he muttered, pushing past Luffy.

Nami, if that was her real name, glared at Luffy. "Admit it, we do make a pretty good team." "We are not a team," walking past him. "Whatever you say. Now all we have to do is figure out a way to get into Axe-Man's office," Nami stopped, looking both ways before lifting his keys. "Are those his keys?" Gilly asked. "How'd you do that?" Luffy asked, impressed. "I'm a thief," she replied simply. "Ah. You know, you're really good at thieving... and a good talker too. You should think about joining my pirate crew," Luffy mused. "Let's get one thing straight. I am never joining anything with you. I hate pirates. Hate them!" she answered venomously, grabbing him by the shoulders. Gilly was taken aback, but it didn't seem to faze Luffy. "That's because you don't know me yet," he replied simply.

They finally made it to Captain Morgan's office. Nami unlocked the door. "This guy really likes himself," Luffy mused. Gilly nodded in agreement, looking around at the paintings and statues he held of himself. "I'm going to find the map. Pretend you're not here," Nami said to the two. Gilly ignored her, continuing to look around. "But I am here," Luffy said. "Why do you want the map so badly anyway?" Nami scoffed. "I'm gonna use it to find the One Piece and become King of the Pirates," Luffy answered simply. "Figures." "What?" "Every idiot dreams of finding the One Piece. People like you believe in something and you don't even know what it is." "Well, yeah. Don't you?" "So why did you decide to become a thief?" "I didn't decide. I needed to eat. You do what you have to, to survive." "You're right. Nothing more important than food." "Just find the map."