04

"Can you not do... that?" Nami said irritably, rolling her eyes as she continued to try and crack into the safe.

"Sorry. It's hard to sit still," Luffy replied, hanging upside down on the ship. "I'm feeling so... so piratey," he beamed, landing back in a normal upright position.

"Me too," Gilly agreed, smiling out at the sea. She pinched herself every so often to make sure she wasn't dreaming, still not completely processing the fact that she was actually on a ship at sea, about to explore what it had to offer.

"Yeah? Well, you're gonna end up feeling watery if I have to throw you overboard. I told you I need absolute silence," Nami snapped.

"I know. I know. Absolute silence. It's just that this is my first real pirate score. Can you believe that?" Luffy continued, leaning on the bowsprit.

"Yeah, I can, because you told me right after you asked me, yet again, to join your crew," she replied. "We do make a pretty good team," Luffy said.

"Is it open yet?" he asked, leaning his head on top of Nami's.

"No. And can you please give me some quiet and some space?" she said, shoving Luffy's hat off his head. His hat blew with the wind towards the sea, and he raced to grab it.

"Hey. Not cool. Don't mess with my hat," Luffy stated a bit more sternly than his usual upbeat demeanor.

"Why do you care so much about that old thing? It looks like you fished it out of the trash," she asked.

"One man's trash is another man's treasure," he replied, placing the hat on his head proudly.

"Will you two knock it off? I'm trying to take a nap," Zoro groaned from inside.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Were we interrupting your beauty sleep?" Nami mocked.

"Don't like what you see? Look away," Zoro replied tiredly. Finally, the lock clicked, and everyone turned to Nami, who opened the safe and pulled out the map.

"You did it!" Luffy cheered.

"That's it? Isn't there supposed to be gold inside a safe? Or jewels?" Zoro asked, eyeing the safe.

"Not necessarily. I mean, a safe keeps what's valuable, and what's valuable is dependent on the holder," Gilly said, leaning over Luffy's shoulder to look at the map in Nami's hands. The tangerine-haired girl nodded. "This is more valuable than gold. It's knowledge. This is a map to the Grand Line," she added.

"The Grand Line. Ah. The Grand Line is just right... Where is it exactly?" Luffy asked.

"You're going to the Grand Line, but you don't know where it is?" Nami said, raising her brow at Luffy.

"Guess I need a navigator on my crew," he replied, smiling.

"The seas are divided into four quadrants: East Blue, North Blue, West, South. This thin strip of land that circles the globe is called the Red Line, and this band across the middle is the Grand Line. A treacherous stretch of ocean with bigger islands, bigger cities, bigger pirates. Flush with riches and ripe for the picking," Nami explained.

"And that's where we're gonna find the One Piece," Luffy added.

"I've taken out a lot of pirates looking for that thing. What is it? Like, a big diamond or something?" Zoro asked.

"It's Gol D. Roger's treasure. He hid it somewhere in the Grand Line. All in one piece," Luffy answered.

"It's a myth. The reason no one's found it in 22 years is that it doesn't exist."

"All myths have a hint of truth to them," Gilly countered.

"Exactly!" Luffy exclaimed, clapping the girl on the shoulder. "Can't wait to see the look on your face when we find it," he continued, looking at Nami.