05

"Give it a rest. Those ropes are too strong, even for you," Nami said.

"I've gotten out of worse," Zoro replied.

"When I ran out of the tent, I... saw a town or... what was left of one after Buggy destroyed it," Nami said.

Gilly wanted to snap at the tangerine-haired girl, to yell at her for attempting to abandon them, but then she saw the look in her eyes. It was a far-off look, a gaze that held so much sadness, sadness that couldn't solely be due to the destroyed village. So Gilly pushed aside her anger and bit her tongue.

"You mean, when you tried to leave us for dead?" Zoro asked sarcastically.

"We were surrounded and unarmed. You were picking a fight you couldn't win," she retorted.

"I know your type. If there's nothing to gain, you're out," he stated.

"Says the wandering bounty hunter, trading lives for a handful of Berries," Nami argued.

"I serve a purpose," he said.

"Sure you do," she replied.

"Arguing isn't going to get us out of here and it's not gonna help Luffy," Gilly stated, sick of the two's bickering.

"I think I can get us out of here," Nami said, turning to the girl then Zoro.

"You mean get yourself out of here," he replied.

"That's fair, but I'm going to need you to trust me," Nami said.

"Just like a thief to lie to my face and ask me to believe her," he said, rolling his eyes.

"We don't have any other options," Gilly said, eyeing the green-haired man.

"Fine. Just tell me what we're gonna do," he sighed.

"What we've been doing. Waiting to make sure we're alone," she said, fishing something out of her boot.

"You have a lockpick?" Zoro questioned.

"I have four lockpicks. The clowns only found three," she said smugly, beginning to work on the lock.

Luffy's screams were heard in the distance, startling the group.

"Better work faster," Gilly said worriedly.

Nami hurriedly picked at the lock, rolling her eyes at Zoro who continued to try and break free from the wheel.

"What?" he asked.

"This is my life now," she sighed.

"You want to trade places?" he suggested sarcastically.

"I do," Gilly grumbled, her knees bent to her chest in an uncomfortable position. She turned her head at the sound of rustling. "Someone's coming," she said.

"I need more time. Keep them talking," Nami said.

"I don't talk. I hit things," Zoro mumbled.

Gilly angled herself to hide Nami as much as she could as one of Buggy's freaks entered the room and stood in front of Zoro.

"Remember me?" He asked.

"No. Must be some other homicidal, unicycle-riding clown," Zoro replied monotonously.

The pirate stalked closer to Zoro and punched him firmly in the gut.

"I've been thinking about you for years. About how you killed my brother," the pirate said.

"I killed a lot of pirates," Zoro stated.

"My name is Cabaji, and a couple of years ago, you hunted us across the Goa Kingdom. Followed us for weeks through the swamplands, day and night, never relenting, like some kind of demon," he fumed.