"So what about the cafe plan? How's that going?"

The duo had already walked off the elevator and were now heading towards the recreation room. Wonwoo bought a coffee at the vending machine.

"Well it isn't easy, we could need a little more help actually, but I know you've already rejected that many times..."

Jeonghan paused for a second.

"Y-yeah I'm not sure actually... maybe in the future... I don't know" Jeonghan hesitated, still thinking about Joshua's position.

"Pretty understandable don't worry Jeonghan" Wonwoo continued. Jeonghan was surprised since no one seemed to ever understand.

"But I still feel like you two should talk... you know it ain't the first time I'm saying this to you, Mingyu also tried telling you... why don't you wanna listen?" Wonwoo inquired as he sipped on his cappuccino.

"Wonwoo please don't" Jeonghan replied and a brief moment of silence followed.

"I just can't stand him. His arrogance is out of this world" Jeonghan paused rolled his eyes and narrowed them, "He built his own career so what? I need to sympathize?" His face now relaxed, "Wonwoo, I don't understand... he worked hard to have the chance to be this successful and he managed to never complain about anything..." the older paused and sighed, "but never mind... I don't wanna talk about it".

Deep down Jeonghan didn't wanna admit that he felt a little envious of Joshua's payed effort.

Another moment of silence followed as Wonwoo just couldn't add anything anymore as Jeonghan seemed to get nervous every time the topic was approached.

Wonwoo, as did the others, later after high school found out about all the mocking Joshua had to go through, all the shame he used to feel when Jeonghan ridiculed him... but Jeonghan just didn't want to face the situation. All these years he would find excuses. He was too prideful.
Jeonghan couldn't fathom how Joshua just made it this far. His pride prevented them from ever talking with each other about the issue.

As they headed on the ground floor they exchanged their opinions on the latest developments in the company and soon waved each other goodbye.

"See ya later bye!" Wonwoo waved and headed towards the vet clinic.

Jeonghan was now headed home, he felt tired.

As soon as he got in he put the daylilies he just picked up in a glass jar. Jeonghan gently caressed the peach-colored petals. Something about daylilies fascinated him ever since his mother gave him the flower seeds. When he moved out he planted them in a large balcony vase and that's where he would occasionally pick them out from.

He then threw himself on the black-leathered sofa and let out a deep sigh.

He stared at the white ceiling above him.

An infinite amount of thoughts traveled through his restless mind.

He wanted Joshua's job position.
But he just couldn't kick Joshua out. He also despised him deeply. Jeonghan knew that he had to change something in his life. He was tired of feeling this useless all the time.
He couldn't just live the ordinary rich life he's been used to until now.

He wanted to escape.
No. He wanted to have a say in his own life. He didn't want to depend on his parents anymore. He was a 28-year-old man, heck he was a grown-up. But all that situation with Joshua was somehow holding him back from finding his own way in life. He did acknowledge that deep down.

A part of Jeonghan was profoundly exhausted from all the petty fights, from all the arguing and hating each other. Joshua didn't mean anything to Jeonghan, but somehow, that hate deeply conditioned the older in finding his own happiness.