"Sorry sir, what did you say?" She asks.

"Oh it's nothing, let me check on them, I don't know what's keeping the mother and son." He says about to rise from his seat when Faruk walks in accompanied by his Mom who is holding a tray of ice cream dessert.

As usual, she was looking lovely, Hanan agreed. Quickly, Hanan stood up from her chair to greet her also trying to help with the tray but she declined.

"Don't bother." She says to her sweetly.

"It's nice to see you again." Hanan smiled recalling their last encounter at Faruk's house and she wished to forget it.

"It's nice to meet you too dear, please have a seat, let's start dinner before it gets cold, I made the food with extra love." She laughed.

"It's looks yummy already." Hanan laughed back.

"Thanks, but not until you have a taste of it, I don't disappoint." She says and everyone laughs.

Hanan watched everyone getting ready to eat while she hesitated to pick up her spoon, she observed how pleasant Faruk's parent were.

"They are good people." She smiled at her thought about eating when Faruk pulled her plate away while passing her his.

"I suggest you start with mom's special marinade grilled chicken."

"Thanks." She muttered trying to pick a bite, but Faruk's Dad interrupted.

"Can we all spare five minutes before we start dinner?" He announced.

"Why? Are we expecting anyone?" Faruk asks.

"Yes son, an important member of our family will be joining us."

"Okay, but who is it?"

"Don't worry, you will soon find out." He smiled.

And just then a honk could be heard.

"It must be him, excuse me, I should walk him in." He says leaving the dining room in a hurry.

"Who are we expecting?" Faruk asks, directing his question to his mom who looks clueless.

"I don't know, let's see." She replied.

And patiently, they waited for the mystery guest who was joining their dinner.

"Welcome Son, come in." Faruk's dad says making everyone turn their gaze to the door, at that moment, Hanan and Faruk had jaw-dropping expressions as they watched him walk into their midst.

Hanan's fork instantly drops to the floor making everyone stare at her.

"What the heck is he doing here?" She gasped.

"I don't know." Faruk sighed feeling a surge of annoyance while he observed Najib's eyes were fixed on Hanan.

"Najib?, I didn't know you were the one joining us, welcome home it's been so many years dear, it's nice to see you again." Faruk's mom happily says as she goes to welcome him.

"Thanks, Aunt, it's been years and I'm also happy to meet you all again but I guess Faruk isn't happy." He replied while shooting him a smirk.

"Faruk, didn't you see your brother Najib, come over and welcome him." His Mom says urging him to leave his seat, Faruk doesn't have a choice but to obey, burying his anger, he goes to him and they both share a handshake.

"Welcome bro," He says to him.

"Good to see you again bro," Najib replied still with a smirk, but a sly one this time.