Marry Me?

Link

Today was finally the day I was going to propose to Ana. Jessie had come to pick up Ana and then Rhett arrived a few minutes later with all the supplies we needed to make this special. We got to work rather quickly. 

Ana and I texted though out the day. She sent me a picture of her fresh manicure and what her and Jessie were getting for lunch. Rhett was out getting us lunch while I stood in our closet trying to decide on what to wear. I didn't want to wear a full suit, but I still wanted to look nice. 

I decided on black slacks with a dark blue almost satin button down. I laid the outfit on the bed and went downstairs to enjoy lunch with Rhett. My nerves were all over the place. 

"Brother you know she isn't going to say no.", Rhett said. 

"Yeah, but that doesn't calm my nerves man."

"This is kind of the easy part in my opinion. Just wait till your actual wedding day."

I suppose Rhett had a point. She could get cold feet and leave me at the altar. A couple more hours had passed, and the sun was starting to set. I stood in the backyard under the arch with Rhett as he fixed the final touches on my appearance. I felt like I could throw up at any moment. 

Jessie came through the back gate and let us know Ana had just walked through the front door. My throat tightened watching Ana walk through the back door making her way to me. I smiled softly and when she reached me, I grabbed her hands softly and got down on one knee. 

Rhett was off to the side with Jessie filming and taking pictures. I looked up to Ana taking in her beautiful presence. 

"Ana I never thought the day would come when I would be down on one knee asking the most beautiful woman to marry me. This past year and a half has been so amazing darlin. You bring out the best in me and make me feel like I'm young. I love you more than I could ever describe to you. I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else. Would you do the honor and marrying me darlin?"

I grabbed the small box from my pocket opening it to revel the ring. Ana started crying and I even shed a few tears as she said 'Yes! A million time yes!'. I slid the ring on her finger and quickly stood up taking her in my arms. I kissed her deeply. 

Once I let Ana go everyone started hugging one another. After we made our way inside to have dinner and a couple of celebratory drinks. I felt a weight off my shoulders. Through the night I held Ana close. Neither one of us could stop smiling. 

Much Love!!