Are You Lonesome Tonight?

This chapter is after 'Are You Lonesome Tonight' by Elvis Presley. I recommend giving it a listen. It's a beautiful song and Elvis's voice is just amazing in my opinion.

Link

I started showing up to work late. These past few days I have felt so lost without Ana. Rhett has taken a notice on how I've changed.

I made my way to our shared office. Once I was inside, I slumped in my chair and started at my laptop screen. I could barely see my reflection. Dark circles under my eyes were appearing and my beard I haven't shaven off yet.

I was pulled from my thoughts when Rhett shook my shoulder.

"You good brother?", Rhett questioned his eyebrows knitting together as he sat down.

"Yeah man. I just wish I did something different to make Ana stay."

"Man, I don't know why you are still here. You need to fly to her hometown and find her. I'm sure she misses you just as much."

I'm sure Rhett was right, but she wanted two weeks alone. I should've done something better.

Time had passed and lunch rolled around. I decided to sit in my car to have time alone. I had the radio softly playing in the background when one particular song caught my attention.

"Are you lonesome tonight.
Do you miss me tonight.
Are you sorry we drifted apart?
Does your memory stray to a brighter summer day,
When I kissed you and called you
Sweetheart?"

I smiled softly thinking of Ana. I quickly went to YouTube and sent her the link. I sighed and started looking at flights. I don't think I could last two weeks. I miss my girl.

Before my brain could process what, my thumb was doing her contact was ringing. Maybe I could fix it all right now.

"Hello?", Ana spoke. She sounded like heaven. Sweet and innocent.

"Darlin. I-"

"Have you figured out what you wanted Link?"

"You, baby doll. I want you."

"Link I'm serious. When you feel like you're going to distance yourself just talk to me. It hurt Link. My mind was racing and thinking you had someone else even though I know it's not true."

"Darlin, I swear you are all I want. I should have handled everything differently. I'm such a fool. I never meant to hurt you and make you think there was someone else."

"I still think we need a break Link. I'll be home in less than 2 weeks now."

"Baby doll please come home. I'm a mess."

I heard her sigh then sniffle. I swallowed hard hoping she would come home. I would do anything to have her back in my arms. I'd get on my knees and beg for her. Worship the ground she walks on more than I do if it's possible.

"Link I-"

"Tell me dear are you lonesome tonight?"

Ana giggled slightly. I'd kill to see her beautiful smile or see her blush.

"Is your heart filled with pain? Shall I come back again. Tell me dear are you lonesome tonight?", I softly sang to her.

"Are you trying to serenade me with Elvis?"

"Is it working Darlin? I'll see the whole song for you. Just please think about coming home sooner."

She giggled again. I swear I could die right here a happy man just hearing her giggle. She makes my heart swell.

"I'll think about it."

"That's a start baby doll."

We talked some more and when lunch was over, I hated to hang up. I felt a pang in my chest as I end the end button. The workday dragged on but when it ended, I left just about before anyone else.

When I made it home, I ate a quick dinner then showered. I went and laid in bed grabbing her pillow taking in her scent. I fell asleep holding her pillow close imagining it was my girl.

I feel this chapter kind of sucks, but I wanted to get something out. Hopefully everyone likes it.

Much Love!!