Where to Go From Here

Alonzo's POV:

It's been three months since Jade departed. There has been very little communication. I miss my wife and daughters, but they will not hear from me. Except for Dylan, who helps me with ranch labor, I'm completely alone on the ranch. I'm waiting for Jade to bring up divorce, but to my favor, she hasn't.

Dylan and I were herding cattle back from the fields so we could give them immunizations in the enclosures. I feel as if I am not really present in my life. I often go through the motions as my mind and thoughts slip away. I know Dylan notices and is concerned, but he says nothing.

Dylan and I got off our horses when we got the animals into the pen. I started removing my gloves and saying, "I'm going to call the vet and see how far out he is."

"Hey, Alonzo," Dylan began. "Yeah," I responded.

"Is that Jade's Bronco?" he inquired.

I immediately turned around and noticed the car park in front of the house. It wasn't long until Arabella ran out of the car towards me. My eyes expanded. I ran after my kid, yelling her name aloud. When we reached an agreement, I lowered my gaze and extended my arms. Arabella ran into my arms, and I hugged her tightly as tears streamed down my face.

"I missed you, Daddy," Arabella said.

"I missed you, too, baby girl," I said with a kiss.

After a few minutes, I was able to calm down and looked up to see Jade holding Annamae. I was overjoyed when my girls came back to me. When I looked down at Jade, I could not believe what I saw. I carried Arabella over to Jade.

"Hello, Jade," I greeted.

"We need to talk," Jade replied. 

Jade and I carried the girls inside, with Dylan following behind. When we got inside, Arabella raced off to her room to play, while Jade handed Annamae to Dylan. 

 Dylan responded, "Good to see you again, Jade," before taking Annamae from her.

"Thanks, Dylan," Jade said, smiling.

There was an unpleasant hush between us. It seemed like it was our wedding day again.

"Where did you want to talk?" I inquired.

"The porch should be fine," Jade offered.

She and I went out onto the front porch. When we were outside and the door was locked, I exclaimed, "Why the hell is your belly sticking out!"

Jade glared at me.

"I'm over two months pregnant, jackass," Jade replied.

"Is it mine?" I asked.

"Yes, Alonzo, it is yours," Jade snapped. "You really think I would run off with our girls and start sleeping around with the guys I meet at a bar?!" 

"I didn't mean it like that," I clarified. 

Jade leaned on the railing and sighed. 

"You know even though I left, I never stopped missing you," Jade confessed.

"Jade, I never meant to screw things up for you," I said. "I thought that what I was doing was the best solution to a mess that I caused and I never among my wildest dreams thought that I would fall in love with, Jade Scott, the barrel racing queen."

Jade smiled over at me as a tear ran down her cheek. I approached her slowly and gently placed my thumb on her cheek to wipe the tear away. 

"Jade, if you let me, I will love you till my last breathe and I will give you everything you deserve," I promised. 

Jade remained silent. 

"Please come back home," I whispered. 

Jade looked up at me and said, "Just promise me that you will give me a boy this time."

The two of use broke out laughing. I pulled her in close and hugged her. I was so happy that my girls came back and that Jade was willing to give this a go again. I couldn't imagine my life without her and I will do anything to make her happy. 

"You have a deal." I chuckled.