It's Time!

Jade's POV:

A week has gone by. Alonzo and Dylan are still a county away, performing at a rodeo while I remained behind with my in-laws. I was starting to become so bored around here. I have been inside the house all day, so I decided to walk by the pastures with Misty and Hunter following close behind. I came upon the pasture that Diablo and Storm were grazing from. I put my hands on the fence before calling, "Storm! Diablo!"

It wasn't long before I heard whinnying coming from the distance and before I knew it, I saw two horses galloping over a small grassy hill, as they ran toward my direction. A huge smile appeared on my face, fore it has been so long since I have ridden either of them. Alonzo has even kept me out of the stable and has prevented me from grooming them because he doesn't want anything bad to happen to me. I did not fight him on it, so I did as he said. 

Storm and Diablo's heads popped over the fence. I started to pet both of them, switching back and forth between the two of them so they would get fairly even time. I was at peace for the moment. But, then something began to occur. What started out as bearable contractions turned into unbearable. I quickly placed my hand on my stomach, where I was feeling the painful contractions. I squeezed my eyes and clenched the fence, trying to manage the pain I was feeling. Right at that moment, I felt a bunch of water release, causing my pants to become wet. 

"Did my water just break?" I said to myself. 

My heart began to race. I couldn't believe this. I needed to get back to the house, so I slowly left Diablo and Storm with Misty and Hunter following me. 

"Barbra!" I called. 

I was expecting Barbra to come out of the house, but Rob came out instead. 

"Is everything alright?" Rob asked as he came over to me. 

"My water broke!" I exclaimed. 

"Oh boy," Rob began. "Barbra get out here!"

Barbra came out of the house and said, "What on earth! Why are you shouting?"

"Jade's water just broke!"

"Oh boy, get her in the car while I grab the keys!" Barbra instructed as she went back into the house to grab her purse, the car keys, and the go bag that was already prepared. 

Rob helped me into the car. He sat me in the back seat before grabbing the keys from Barbra who sat in the passenger seat. He got in the driver's seat and started my car, and began to back out of the driveway. Before I knew it, we were on the main road, heading to the hospital. While I was focusing on my breathing, Rob picked up his cell phone and began calling Alonzo. 

"Alonzo!" Rob shouted through the phone. "You and Dylan need to get to the hospital asap!"

"Why? What's going on?" Alonzo asked through the phone. 

"Jade's water broke!" Rob explained. "Okay, we'll see ya there son."

Rob hung up the phone and told me that Alonzo was on his way. Minutes went by and we finally made it to the hospital. Barbra helped me out of the car and walked me into the hospital, while Rob went to park the car. When we got to the front desk, Barbra told the nurses everything they needed to know before coming back with a wheelchair. I slowly lowered myself onto the wheelchair, as I breathed heavily. The nurses wheeled me back to a room, while they made Barbra wait a few minutes so I could get situated. 

***

Alonzo's POV:

Dylan and I ran into the hospital. I was all frantic and all over the place. My heart was pounding so fast ever since I got the call from my folks. I went up to the front desk and said, "Hello, I'm looking for Jade Travis."

"Okay and what is your relationship to her?" the nurse asked. 

"I'm her husband," I replied. 

She smiled at me and said, "Alright Mr. Travis, your wife is in labor right now. I'll take you back to the delivery room."

"Thank you."

Dylan and I followed the kind nurse down the hallway before turning into the delivery room. I walked in and saw my father sitting on a chair, while my mother sat by Jade's bedside. Jade was already hooked up to monitors and dressed in the hospital gown. He belly had two straps around it to monitor the baby's heartbeat and Jade had an oxygen mask on. My mom stood up and gave me a quick hug. Then she moved out of the way so I could see Jade. 

She reached her hand out for me and I grabbed it without hesitation, as I leaned down to his her forehead. 

"I told you I shouldn't have left," I smirked.

"Shut up!" Jade chuckled. 

"How are you doing?" I asked. 

"I'm in a bit of pain," Jade admitted. "I want to get this over with."

"You're almost there," I whispered. 

I went over to my parents for a few seconds. I wasn't here, to begin with, and I wanted to be informed. 

"What did the doctor say?" I asked. 

"She is dilated nine centimeters." my mom began. "Once she hits ten centimeters they are going to start the delivery."

"Oh, God!" Jade said as she pushed herself up on the bed. 

I rushed to her side. I grabbed her hand and asked, "What is it?"

"It's time." Jade blurted as she squeezed my hand tight. 

All of a sudden, several nurses came into the room. They read the monitors and jotted down some information before putting on gloves, hairnets, and face masks. Then, the doctor walked into the room. She was dressed in scrubs, long gloves, a face mask, and a hair net. The room was starting to get crowded so Dylan and my parents went out into the waiting room, while I stayed with Jade. 

"Alright Jade, are you ready to be a mother?" the doctor asked, as she propped Jade's feet up and placed a sheet over her legs. "Yep, she's ten centimeters now."

Jade pulled me close and said, "Don't you dare look down there!"

I stood on the side of the bed and leaned down to kiss her forehead once again. Then, the doctor told Jade to begin pushing. The delivery has begun.