Chapter 9: Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Bleeeh." I said sticking my tongue out.

"Chalo maa." Erum said pulling at my hands.

"Haan haan chalo." I said.

They all came and hugged and kissed erum. Subhan gave her chocolates and got her a butterfly wand. When did he get those ?

"Thank you uncle." She pulled him down to her level and gave a sloppy kiss on his cheeks.

"Anything for my butterfly." He said giving her a hug and patting her head. I saw the exchange, my heart full.

"Okay, bye guys." I said walking to my car.

"Drive safe. Text me when you reach." Sahil yelled as I got in the drivers seat.

"Yes thank you." I yelled back and drove off.
________________________________________

The sight when I reached the front door of my apartment was unbelievable.

Wajih, Ehana, Elyan and Faris were sprawled across my floor with their luggages in front of them. It looked like a scene from a bus stop.

The moment erum found her mamu, there was a loud squeal and she ran off to him.

"Waj mamu." She said circling her little hands around his neck.

"My princess." He kissed her head.

Elyan, Ehana and Faris came forward to hug me.

"How are you ?" Ehana asked, tears already forming in her eyes. She has always loved me a little too much as she did not have a sister.

"I missed you so much." She broke the hug and said wiping her tears.

"Exactly, there is no fun without you." Elyan, Ehanas brother said.

"Yeh kya shor macha rakha hai. People are getting disturbed." My neighbour came out and was glaring at us.

"Sorry." I apologised and got the keys from my bag.

I ushered them in.

"What are you guys doing here ? You were supposed to come next week. And why didn't you call me when you reached here ?" I asked them as soon as they settled on the couch.

"Subhan called." Wajih said. Oh.

"And ?" I asked even though knowing his answer.

"You need to come back." This time, my brother in law, Faris spoke up.

"It could have been some random stranger. It's no big deal." I said trying to act calm, but I knew it was not any random stranger.

"No it's not. It was him, Subhan confirmed it." Elyan said. What ? How does he know him ?

"He doesn't even know him." I muttered.

"Do you even know who he is ?" He asked again.

"Subhan, duh." I rolled my eyes.

"He is The Subhan, jahan tak tumhari soch nahi hai, wahan tak uski reach hai." Faris said giving me a blank look. Kya dialouge maara hai.

"Yes, and it's not safe for you to stay here. Faris already spoke to Vyom. And upar se aunty and uncle are worried sick after knowing all this." My sister said.

"But.." I started but was cut off by my brother.

"No, papa said you have to come back." He said leaving no rooms for argument.

"We have 3-4 days, then we will leave. You sort whatever work you have over here." He said in finality.

I went to my room and shut the door behind me and called papa. He received after 2 rings.

"Assalam alykum. Wajih reached ?" He asked.

"Walaikum Salam. Yes papa." I replied back.

"Toh tum aa rahi ho na ?" His voice held concern.

"What is happening papa ? With such difficulty I had left everything and settled here, now why is he coming ? What does he want now ? He took everything from me papa, you know it. He broke me, not only my body, but my soul as well. Please papa make it go away. I can't take it anymore." I started crying profusely.

"Aayra, beta you need to come back. It's not safe for you nor erum. I think you've had enough time to stay by yourself and sort your feelings." He said, his own voice breaking.

"Papa, I can't answer people's questions. I am not strong enough." I said breaking down.

"Dekho beta, when you said you wanted to go away, I supported you against your ma's wish. Now if I want you to come back, won't you grant me this ?" He tried.

"I.." I was at loss of words. I was a freaking mess.

"And about people, let them say whatever. You have your family. Just come back at least for a month or two." He said.

"Yes. I will come back." I finally stopped crying, and took this decision.

"That's my girl." He said.

"Your mom will be very happy listening to this." He continued. I smiled through my tears.

"I miss you." Papa said, and I missed them too. And suddenly, all I wanted to do was go to my parents and hug them.

"I miss you too papa. I can't wait to come back." I said.

"Where is ma ?" I asked him.

"She has gone to your aunts place. She was already very happy on the prospect of you coming. Now, that it's confirmed, she will be over the moon." He said laughing.

"True that." I said wiping my tears.

"Okay, papa. I will sort everything here, and come back in a week. In sha allah." I told him.

"In sha allah. Okay, chalo bye. See you soon." He cut the call.

I went to the living room to see erum laughing at something Elyan was doing, and I knew then I took the right decision. I should go back, so my daughter doesn't have to live a boring life.

"So guys, Let's go home." I announced.

"Yaay." Elyan jumped at me. He was my age, just few months older.

"This calls for a party." Faris said.

"FunCity." My daughter exclaimed. I am surprised she still remembers. I made a face at her.

"Maa, you promised." She pouted at me. I heaved a sigh.

"FunCity it is. Then we will go and have dinner someplace nice." Ehana said squishing erum.

"Maa, call Sahil uncle as well. You said we go together." She reminded me. Oh great, now she remembers this also. I just hope his older brother is not available. Ya Allah, please let him not come. Please let his stomach be upset or he gets fever. Please do something god.

With this wish, we all got ready and I called Sahil and asked them to meet us at the mall around 7.

_____________________________________

Hey, you beautiful people.

I know I am not consistent in posting, but it gets hard with work and writing. Please bear with me. Also let me know how did you guys like the chapter. It will mean a lot to me.

And give me a follow on instagram- @abeer_wriites.

Love you all, byeeeeeeee.💗

P.S.: Be your own reason to smile. 🫶🏼