chaptee thirteen: is this what being married feels like?

Fast forward tweleve months after the engagement -

Louis awoke to the gentle rays of the morning sun filtering through the curtains of their Bali beachside villa. With a deep breath, he stretched his arms above his head, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness coursing through him. Today was the day he would marry the love of his life, Harry Styles.

Rolling out of bed, Louis made his way to the bathroom, where Zayn was already bustling around, organizing toiletries and laying out Louis' suit.

"Morning, Lou," Zayn greeted with a warm smile. "Ready to become a married man?"

Louis chuckled nervously, running a hand through his tousled hair. "As ready as I'll ever be, I suppose. How's Harry doing?"

Zayn shrugged, a knowing glint in his eye. "Probably just as nervous as you are. But don't worry, everything's going to be perfect."

Meanwhile, in the adjacent room, Harry stood before the mirror, his hands trembling slightly as he adjusted his tie. Liam and Niall hovered nearby, offering words of encouragement as they helped him prepare for the day ahead.

"You look amazing, mate," Liam said, patting Harry on the back. "Louis is going to be blown away."

Harry smiled gratefully, his heart swelling with love for the man waiting for him at the end of the aisle. "Thanks, Liam. I just hope my vows do him justice."

As the groomsmen finished their own preparations, they turned their attention to helping Harry finalize his vows. Liam handed him a piece of paper, his own vows neatly written out in Harry's handwriting.

"Here, mate. I know you've been struggling to put your feelings into words, so I thought this might help," Liam explained, his gaze warm with understanding.

Harry's eyes misted over as he read the heartfelt words, feeling a surge of emotion welling up inside him. "Thank you, Liam. This means everything."

Meanwhile, in Louis' dressing room, the atmosphere was decidedly more frantic. Zayn did his best to keep Louis calm as he paced back and forth, his nerves getting the better of him.

"Take a deep breath, Lou," Zayn urged, his hands gentle on Louis' shoulders. "You've got this. Harry loves you more than anything in the world."

Louis nodded, wiping away a stray tear that had escaped down his cheek. "I know, but what if I mess everything up? What if I trip and fall on my face?"

Zayn chuckled softly, pulling Louis into a tight hug. "You won't. And even if you did, Harry would still love you just the same. Now, let's get you ready to marry the man of your dreams."

With Zayn's help, Louis composed himself and took a deep breath, ready to face whatever the day may bring.

Outside, the sound of the ocean mingled with the soft strains of music as Louis stood arm in arm with his mum, Johannah. With tears in her eyes, she squeezed his hand, a silent reassurance passing between them.

"You look so handsome, love," she whispered, her voice thick with emotion.

Louis smiled, feeling a rush of gratitude for his mum's unwavering support. "Thank you, Mum. I couldn't have done any of this without you."

Together, they made their way down the aisle, the anticipation building with each step. And as Louis caught sight of Harry standing at the altar, a wave of overwhelming love washed over him, erasing any lingering doubts or fears.

Niall, their dear friend and officiant, stood by Harry's side, a proud smile on his face as he watched the couple approach.

With a final squeeze of his mum's hand, Louis took his place beside Harry, their fingers intertwining as they prepared to embark on the greatest adventure of their lives.

"Niall," Harry whispered, his voice trembling with emotion. "Are we really doing this?"

Niall nodded, his own eyes shining with tears. "We are, Harry. And I couldn't be happier for you both."

With a deep breath, Niall turned to face the gathered guests, his voice steady and sure.

"Friends and loved ones," he began, his words carrying over the gentle breeze. "We are gathered here today to witness the union of Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson in marriage."

And as Niall spoke those words, a sense of peace settled over Harry and Louis, knowing that they were exactly where they were meant to be—side by side, ready to face whatever the future may hold, together.