chapter eleven: family meetings

Harry's POV:

We woke up in unison as the sunlight breached our room, my eyes fluttered open to the feeling of Louis' hand combing through my hair. Sadly that feeling would be cut short as he got up and left the room. I whined at the sudden loss of his touch but decided to cuddle my teddy instead. After a few minutes, I could smell a whiff of pancakes or waffles, and as much as I hated it, my body was instructing me to get up and go downstairs, where Louis was. I sluggishly got up and put on a pair of comfy joggers before heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth, once I had finished I headed downstairs to see Louis still making the heavenly-smelling pancakes. I wrapped my hand around his waist as I rested my head on his shoulders, "hey baby" I said, enjoying his warmth. He only hummed as a form of response back, before I finally latched off to make my cuppa' and headed toward the breakfast table.

As I sat down, Louis came and set the table while also setting down a vase of flowers in the middle along with the mountain of pancakes he had made. He grabbed his cup of coffee before coming up behind me to kiss me on the cheek before settling down at the table. we sat in a comfortable silence as we ate, just admiring each other as we stuffed our mouths, it had always been the same morning routine, it kind of seemed like we had been doing it for years, - well longer than we had started this. I was brought back into reality when I heard Louis' voice, "Darling?"
"yes, lou?"
"do you.. erm.. do you want to meet my family its okay if not.."
"of course! that sounds lovely Lou" I say as my face lit up at the question.
"Really? Wow okay, erm.. so I was planning to go to this brunch café at around 12:00, my mum and sisters will be there, do you wanna go then?"
"yes, that sounds great, now come on we need to get ready Lou," i say as I tugged his hand to help him get up, I give him a quick peck on the cheek before we headed upstairs and to get ready.

After a quick mess around in the shower, we dressed in a smart-casual manner before getting in the car and driving into the city to meet up with Lou's family. As we pull up to the brunch café Louis spots his mum and eagerly speeds up to find a parking space, as we park i started to get nervous, i wonder if his family will like me. Louis took my hand in his as we walked up towards the café, i couldn't help but hold his tightly. I gulped as we entered the luscious building, feeling the nervousness in my stomach, i start to get lightheaded as we slowly approached Lou's family.

"ah! there you are darling!" i hear Lou's mum say as she gets up to hug him tightly.

"Louis!" i hear a shout from four girls, oh wow.. he has a big family i thought. 

"hey! look at all of you! so big and tall!" Louis says fondly as he gives the girls a long hug. i smile as i watch this scene, i never knew he was such a family oriented person. After he had finished the hug, he goes over to a twin stroller and messes with the cheeks of two big eyed twins, i hear the most adorable laughs come out of their little mouth as Louis tickles them i fondly smile as i observe from afar, when suddenly i feel a pair of arms encase me, i realise it was Louis' mum i hug her back, after a few seconds she lets go and starts to speak, 

"you must be the boy my Louis has always been talking about, Harry yes?"

"yes that's me" i say putting on my biggest smile, "and might i say, you look stunning." i say 

"oh stop it, I'm just wearing a dress,"

"no I'm being serious!" i say before i was interrupted by Lou.

"heyyy what about me?" Louis says in a whiny voice

"of course, you look astonishing darling" we all had a little laugh before settling down at the table, as i was looking through the menu i hear Louis ask his mum a question.

"mum where's dad?"

"oh dad couldn't make it today darling; he has to go to this huge meeting today" she says rather sadly, before adding on "says its about some rubbish marketing team" she chuckles before turning her attention towards the twins.

A few minutes pass and we all order our food, we then sat in silence once again before i was bombarded by questions from another pair of twins; daisy and phoebe. 

"so haz, can we call you haz?" phoebe asks or at least i think its phoebe

"er- yes thats fine" i say awkwardly,

"okay. good. Haz, where are you from?"

"im fro-" 

"and how old are you?"

"what's your secret to having such luscious locks?"

"do you have siblings?"

"how many?" 

"why do you have so many tattoos?"

"what perfume do you use oh and an-"

"okay phoebe this isn't an investigation, you need to let him answer silly!" Louis says chuckling, thank god, I think otherwise I would've lost track I smile, before starting to answer the questions.

"well, I'm from Holmes Chapel in Cheshire, but i was born in Redditch, I'm 19... and I have a sister called Gemma, I have many tattoos because i think they look cool" I say after a good while of thinking "oh! and I also use a perfume that smells of tobacco and vanilla"

"whoa... thats cool!" daisy says as the food arrive. We all share jokes and share events as we ate laughing along the way. After lunch had finished Louis and i decided to take his siblings for a little shopping trip to give Johannah a break, of course we gave her some money to just walk around and buy stuff too, surprisingly Felicité went with her. 

Only a mere thirty minutes goes by and we are already struggling to carry huge bags of shopping and can barely walk without daisy and phoebe begging to go into every other shop. I give Louis a rather pleading look to which he only laughed, surprisingly, Lottie hadn't bought anything or asked for anything for herself, so louis and I made a decision for me to take Doris and Ernest and Lottie to go to a Sephora or a Zara whilst Louis went to a toy store with daisy and phoebe. Soon we had all split up and agreed to meet back at the café, i took Lottie to a Zara where she went a picked out some clothes and a brand new bag, and then we went to a H&M to grab some cute baby clothes for the twins and Felicité, which Lottie had picked out.

After a long while of shopping we all meet back together with Johannah to where she looked slightly annoyed - she pulled Louis aside and told him off a little for spoiling his sisters to which he just laughed. We all hugged before I went home with Louis.

I plunked on our bed as we finally reached our room. 

"tired?" louis jokes.

"exhausted." he chuckles and he cuddles me 

"today was nice y'know? i liked meeting all your siblings. oh and your mum, shes truly lovely" i say as i stare at the ceiling.

"im glad, i would've thought you would've ran away when i told you i had six siblings" he laughs, "you know i haven't met Gemma yet, well properly"

"Yeah you havent" i say getting lost in thought  "hey lou?"

"Yes baby?"

"Do you want to visit Holmeschapel?"

"Your town?"

"Yeah.. its totally okay if not by the way!!"

"Of course, i would love to" he says after thinking for a while, "should we meet up with your family when we visit?" I nod, too tired to form a sentence. We whisper our i love you's and fall asleep in eachother's arms.