House of Revelation/House of Heavy

Start from the beginning

"What?" Nina gasped.

She showed them the page, it talked about how Anubis was so angry with Seth for killing his father, Osiris, he hit the cup of Ankh, his prized possession, seven times.

"We need to call a Sibuna meeting now!" Nina told them quickly.

Max grinned. "I'll go tell the others, Fabian wanted to talk to you Nina, in private." Fabian sent her a smile of thanks and she left them alone.

~~~

The next morning everyone met in the woods.

"So what's this about?" Patricia asked.

"We've had the cup this whole time." Max grinned. "It's the puzzle pieces. We need to put them together."

Everyone excitedly set their pieces down, except for Alfie.

"Alfie?" Max frowned.

He looked impossibly guilty.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry." He told them uselessly, he looked ready to cry. "I-I showed it to Jerome and...and he gave it to Rufus Zeno, who he's working for."

Everyone let out different shouts of horror but Max felt like all she could hear was static. Her eyes went wide with terror and she subconsciously gripped at one of her wrists.

"Oh my God..." She whispered in horror.

"This is a nightmare, we need to get that piece back." Nina growled.

Max's nostrils flared. "FORGET THE PUZZLE PIECE. WE NEED TO HELP JEROME!"

"Look, we need to do both, let's go." Fabian intervened.

~~~

They found him in an empty classroom. Max stormed right up to him. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?" She hissed.

"Thanks a lot Alfie." He hissed, glaring at the boy.

Fabian scowled. "Forget him. You sold your friends out for money."

"YOU GUYS ARE NOT MY FRIENDS. YOU'VE MADE THAT QUITE CLEAR!" He hissed.

"JEROME YOU SAW MY BRUISES, YOU KNOW HE'S DANGEROUS!" Max exclaimed.

He huffed. "I-I didn't know until I was already too deep in. And if he really is that dangerous then I need to make him happy!"

"You are in way over your head." Max sneered.

"LOOK I AM SORRY, IF I HAD KNOWN FOR EVEN A SECOND WHO HE WAS I WOULD'VE-" Jerome started.

But people started entering, class was going to start. Reluctantly everyone sat down, they'd have to handle it later.

~~~

After class, they followed Jerome to his locker. "Well?" Patricia snapped. "Are you with us or not?"

"Who's to say I wouldn't be better off just giving him what he wants? I stay alive and I get rich." He told them coldly.

Max pinched the bridge of her nose. "Jerome, Rufus will NEVER let you go. You know too much now, who's to say that once he gets what he wants he won't kill you? Or kidnap you? Like he did me." Her voice weakened at the end.

Jerome stared down at her for a moment, growing hesitant.

"And you should know you're working with the teachers arch nemesis." Patricia snapped. "Which I'm sure they'd be delighted to hear about."

"The teachers?" He asked in shock. "What do they have to do with it?"

"EVERYTHING. Jerome everyone is in on it! The teachers, Victor, the police," Max listed off frantically.

Alfie huffed. "Look buddy, we're safer if we stick together."

Jerome seemed deep in thought. Max hesitantly took his hand, making him look at her with wide eyes.

Her hands trembled uncontrollably. "Please Jerome..." Her eyes were narrowed, as if trying not to cry. "I don't want to lose anyone else..."

That seemed to be the push he needed, because Jerome gritted his teeth and spoke. "What do I need to do."

"I have a plan." Nina told them.

~~~

Jerome called Rufus and lied to him, claiming to know where the pieces are and that they'd need the other ankh piece to get to them. It was a very dangerous plan, but it might be their only chance.

At midnight, everyone was awake. Nina and the others hid in the laundry room while Jerome lead Rufus to the secret passageway.

But their plan began to fall apart when Rufus insisted Jerome go in first.

"No..." Max whispered in horror. Fabian gripped her shoulder tightly to remind her to be quiet.

Having no choice, Jerome went down with him.

But Sibuna also had no choice. They carried on with the plan. They woke Victor up and claimed someone broke in. Nina and Max were still hiding in the laundry room, praying for Jerome to escape.

Victor went down through the main cellar entrance and they were still waiting.

"Please...Jerome please come back up..." Max whimpered; tears dripped down her cheeks as she held her hands together tightly. The ring was beginning to darken.

Nina was letting out similar pleads, ready to close the passageway but reluctant to do so until they saw Jerome.

Just then Jerome bolted out, shouting for them to shut the passage.

Nina tried to but Rufus grabbed her arm, making her scream.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"