House of Cameras/House of Numbers

Everyone in Anubis was gathered by the door, watching as Trudy put her coat on and prepared for her departure.

"Trudy...we're really sorry." Fabian told her sadly.

"We never wanted you to be fired." Max insisted softly.

Trudy swallowed hard. "I know...it's my own fault for believing your silly stories." They winced.

Mara frowned. "We're going to miss you..."

This made Trudy tear up. "I'm going to miss you too, all of you." Amber hugged her.

Victor came in. "Your taxi's here."

"How can you do this?" Everyone was surprised that the angry comment came from Max. They looked over at her.

Max trembled with anger as tears slid down her cheeks. She glared up at Victor. "Trudy doesn't deserve this, you know that...YOU'RE A MONSTER!"

"MAX!" Fabian hissed, grabbing her before she could do something else stupid. Max struggled against his hold.

But Victor ignored her, perhaps he felt as though he'd already done more than win.

"Goodbye, Trudy." He told her, waving her out.

As Trudy walked out, Max shoved Fabian away from her and stormed off to their room.

She collapsed on her bed and screamed into the pillow, allowing her tears to flow freely.

It wasn't fair. Trudy was one of the few people who were innocent in all of this, and now she was gone.

And it was their fault.

God, what would William think of her if he knew?

Max whimpered uselessly as she grabbed the photo of her brother and her off her side table.

"'m sorry..." She hiccupped. "I-I failed...I'm still...still failing." She heaved.

The red gem on her ring began to darken.

~~~

"Are you sure you're alright?" Fabian asked softly the next morning when they walked to the dining hall.

Max nodded a little. "Yeah I just...I just needed a bit..." She wasn't fine, but she couldn't afford to be sad forever, they had a mission.

Victor was in the kitchen, he made them all something strange, it was sort of like oatmeal but a lot more...glue like.

He dumped it in bowls and set it down in front of each of them.

"Enough, I'm not eating this." Mick shook his head.

"Why don't we go get breakfast from the vending machines at school guys?" Amber suggested.

Everyone was in agreement and got up to leave, but when they entered the walkway area, they were shocked to see men setting up cameras.

"They can't do that, it's a total invasion of our privacy!" Fabian snapped.

But there was nothing they could do, since cameras did help protect the students and none were placed in any personal rooms.

~~~

After school, the gang was in Nina and Amber's room. Patricia stormed in. "I don't know why I'm still trying. Rufus is never gonna pick up, it's like Joy all over again."

"I don't accept that." Max snapped, making them all look at her.

She gripped her hands together tightly. "I've already lost my brother...I can't lose an uncle as well..."