House of Identity/House of Emergency

Начните с самого начала

Alfie nodded. "Agreed. Someone should kiss someone, or kill someone!"

"I want more of the stuff Sarah told us." Amber commented, making their eyes widened.

"Who's Sarah?" Mr. Winkler frowned.

Nina panicked. "Sarah from the museum! Friend of mine, tour guide, red hair, gemini. She uh, told us about some interesting stuff like locusts and plagues and stuff."

"Sounds interesting." Mr. Winkler nodded. "Maybe you could talk to her again and get some ideas for action scenes."

Nina nodded. "Sure."

~~~

Max grabbed Amber by the collar of her shirt. "WOULD YOU STOP TRYING TO REVEAL ALL OUR SECRETS!?" She shook her around, fuming.

Patricia sighed. "Look we have more to worry about than the play, like the elixir?"

"And the riddle." Fabian frowned.

Amber groaned. "I might have to start thinking also."

~~~

Max all but screamed when Jerome woke her in the middle of the night, smacking him in the face. "God, Jerome!" She hissed. "Are you out of your mind!?" She flipped the light on as Fabian sat up with a groan. Mick was ignoring them in favor of trying to sleep more.

"Sorry, sorry, look-" Jerome took a deep breath, speaking quietly. "Alfie is locked down in the cellar and its been hours. I'm really worried about him."

Max scowled. "Seriously?"

But something on Jerome's face already gave her the answer. "I'm serious Mid- Max." He corrected himself. "Please."

Anddddd she and Fabian got up to help.

~~~

They woke Nina and headed down to the cellar through their secret passage. "Alfie." Jerome called out in a whisper, but he got no response.

"Swear to God, Jerome. If you're messing with us-" Max started angrily.

"I'm not. I promise." Jerome told her quickly, hands up in defense. "I swear, this isn't a joke."

That's when they heard a strange noise from a cabinet.

"Open it." Jerome told him.

Fabian's eyes widened. "No, you open it!"

Max rolled her eyes. "Step aside girls." She shoved them away and stepped forward, opening the cabinet.

They found Alfie curled up, shaking uncontrollably and in a panicked state.

"Alfie!" Jerome knelt down and tried to touch him, causing Alfie to flinch. He wouldn't look directly at them. "It's me, Jerome..."

Max frowned. "He's freezing, we need to get him out of here." Without warning, she unzipped her hoodie and wrapped it around Alfie, pulling him out of the cabinet. She noticed Jerome looking at her with shock for a moment before turning his attention back to Alfie. Max and Jerome carried Alfie out as Nina and Fabian made sure nothing was in the walkway and that the door was open.

~~~

Max and Jerome lied Alfie down on his bed, the others already went back to their rooms since they weren't carrying him anyways. "Do you have something we can heat up?" She questioned.

Jerome thought for a moment before digging around in a drawer, he pulled out a hot water bottle.

"Perfect." Max smiled. "Go fill and heat it up, yeah?" Jerome nodded and hurried out.