𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫⁶

After being relentlessly scolded by his mother for hours, Jungkook was left feeling both guilty and frustrated. She had berated him for being disobedient at school and for raising his voice at his teacher.

However, Jungkook couldn't bring himself to explain his actions to her, as it would mean betraying his classmate. He definitely didn't want to be an asshole. All he could do was apologize, which his mother was not satisfied with. In the end, she gave up and decided to talk to him about it on another day.

As he laid in his bed it was already past midnight, Jungkook gazed at the ceiling with only the moon's light to keep him company. His thoughts were consumed with how he could calm his mother down tomorrow.

But then suddenly, his phone rang, jolting him out of his thoughts. The call was from an unknown number.

Curious, he picked up his phone which was lying next to him. "Hello?'' he answered.

''Jungkook Oppa~'' a familiar female voice chimed in on the other end. It was Hyuna, the girl from his class. He let out a sigh, wondering what she wanted.

''If you're not too busy this weekend, I was thinking we could hang out. Just the two of us. What do you say?'' she asked in a flirtatious tone. Jungkook just rolled his eyes at that.

He had dealt with these kinds of advances before, so it didn't faze him. He hummed in agreement before adding, "But let's not meet at my house. Anywhere else is fine." with that he hung up falling back onto his pillow.

As he closed his eyes, his mind finally quieted down and he drifted into a dreamless sleep. Tomorrow was a new day and by then, his mother would likely have calmed down. For now, he was content to forget about everything and rest.

The next day came too quickly for Jungkook's liking. He sat in class, barely paying attention to the lesson and eagerly waiting for it to end. What could be worse than the second day of school?

Just as the bell rang, signaling the end of class, Hoseok suddenly appeared in front of Jungkook. Confused, Jungkook waited for him to speak.

"Hey Jungkook, do you want to go to a party on Friday?" Hoseok asked.

"I don't know Hyung. I'm kind of busy this Friday." Jungkook replied, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"Come on, Jungkook. It'll be fun and we can get to know each other better. Don't be a killjoy"  Hoseok urged.

Hoseok was an energetic and social guy, so he didn't mind being so open with Jungkook, even though they had only met the day before. He loved making new friends.

With a loud sigh, Jungkook finally agreed. "Okay, I'll come to the party. It's been a while since I've been to one anyway. Who else will be there?"

"Just me and Jimin. Namjoon is busy studying for a test and Yoongi isn't really a party guy. But it'll still be fun without them" Hoseok explained.

Jungkook nodded before saying he had to go. He picked up his bag and left the classroom.

He quickly made his way through the crowded hallways, dodging students left and right. Jungkook finally reached Namjoon's classroom, where the black-haired male was already waiting for him.

"Finally, what took you so long?" Namjoon asked, raising an eyebrow at Jungkook.

"Ah, I was just talking with Hobi Hyung about a party" Jungkook replied, trying to catch his breath.

Namjoon nodded in understanding. "I wouldn't go there if I were you. The party is run by a guy who is pretty... well, not exactly the best influence" he warned, not wanting Jungkook to get into any trouble.

"It's just a party, Hyung. Besides, I know how to defend myself very well. So don't worry" Jungkook reassured him with a confident smile.

Namjoon just shook his head. "If you say so" he replied before starting to show him around school.

First, they went into the main hall, where Namjoon showed him where the teacher's room was and the route to the other classes. On the first building, he pointed out the music room, and on the second floor, he showed him the chemistry laboratory. The walking back and forth was starting to wear Jungkook down. He was athletic, but running around the school for hours was tiring.

From a window, Namjoon pointed out the sports field and then took him downstairs, where they saw Yoongi playing basketball with a few other players.

"You said you play basketball too, right?" Namjoon asked as he leaned against the railing.

"Yeah, why do you ask?" Jungkook replied, his attention on the basketball court.

"I thought you could join them. They're searching for a new team player because in a few months, there will be a basketball game against other schools. And our school cannot compete because we don't have enough players" Namjoon explained, a hint of hope in his voice.

Jungkook nodded, his mind already made up. "I'll think about it" he answered.

Basketball was one of the sports he was really good at, so why not.

Lastly, they went the library which was located in the second building of the school. Namjoon showed him around the shelves and computer stations before suggesting they head back home. Jungkook, feeling a little tired already, agreed and they started walking back towards the entrance.

But as they were making their way down the hallway, someone accidentally bumped into Jungkook, causing him to fall to the floor. He let out an annoyed sigh, this was the second time this had happened to him since he arrived at this school.

As he got up and dusted himself off, he looked at the person who had bumped into him. It was a blond haired boy, with tears streaming down his face. Jungkook's initial reaction was to shout at the boy for being so careless, but when he saw that it was Taehyung, he immediately calmed down.

Kneeling down, he reached out to help the boy stand up. "Taehyung, is everything alright? What happened?" he asked in a soothing voice. He didn't know the reason for the boy's tears or why he seemed so scared. Was it because of him? Had he caused him to cry? But that didn't make sense, there must be something else bothering him.

The distressed male just shook his head, not wanting to say anything. His eyes were red and puffy from crying, and he definitely didn't look like he was in a good state. "I-...I'm fine" he replied, wiping his tears with his sleeve before running away from them. Leaving a worried Jungkook behind.

"What's with him?" Namjoon asked, confused and pointing to where the boy had run off to.

"I don't know" Jungkook replied, feeling worried about the boy. "He seemed scared, shouldn't we check on him?"

"No, leave him alone. It's his business, we should respect his privacy" Namjoon said, not wanting to sound rude but also believing that they shouldn't get involved in other people's problems unless they know them personally.

Jungkook nodded, but he couldn't shake off the feeling of concern for Taehyung.

"I guess you're right, but I can't help but feel worried. I mean, what if he's in trouble or something?" he said, looking down the hallway where Taehyung had disappeared around the corner.

"He'll be fine, let's just go home" Namjoon reassured him, before they both made their way out of the school.

Jungkook was just about to leave the school when he stopped and looked back.

"No.. this is wrong. I should go back and look after him" the raven haired male said to himself, running back into school. It just felt wrong to leave the boy alone.

.•. .•. .•. .•. .•. .•.

𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞. 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮:))

©_𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐱𝐲