Chapter 26

Sofia

Viktor pulls a gun out of his slacks and grabs me straight away. Screaming ensues everywhere and everyone runs around like chickens with their heads chopped off.
"Viktor, where's Mila?" I question whilst looking for her everywhere. She was standing right next to me, she's my maid of honour.
He looks around whilst dragging me out of the venue and doesn't say anything. In a second we are in the limousine driving away, now as husband and wife. Of course we start our marriage off with a shooting.
"Viktor you didn't answer me! Where's Mila?" I exclaim.
"She's safe. She's with Quinn," he grumbles whilst viciously typing on his phone.
    "Who was it Viktor? Who brought out the gun?" I question.
    "No one that you know," he sighs.
    No one that I know? Then how could they possibly get into the wedding. Why was Liam at the wedding? I don't understand what's happening. Liam and Viktor are sworn enemies. And why does he have Mila?
     "Viktor tell me what's happening this instant," I demand.
     He puts his phone down and frowns at me, "we are getting out of here. It's not safe anymore."
"It's not safe anymore? Viktor what do you mean? What is happening?" I question, feeling my heart beat frantically.
Viktor doesnt respond. Instead, he continues typing frantically.
"Tell me what the fuck is happening Viktor!" I yell and snatch his phone from him.
Without him willingly wanting me to, I look down at his phone to see who he is messaging and what exactly he's messaging. I think I deserve to know what's happening and he's not giving me a response.
'He knows' - Quinn
'There's a rat amongst us' - Nikolai.
'Who fired?' - Quinn.
'Someone with a death wish' - Viktor.
'I saw who it was...'- Antoni.
'Who?' - Viktor.
'Who?'- Quinn.
'Who?' - Nikolai.
........
Viktor and I both stare at his phone, awaiting the response my brother is typing.
      'Marco' - Antoni.
      "Motherfucker!" Viktor shouts and snatches the phone from me.
       "Viktor please tell me what's happening. Why would Marco do that? Who are they spying for?" I question.
       Marco took Mila out the other night, they went on a date and they've slept together. Mila likes Marco. How could he do this? He's been part of the capo since the day he was born.
     "The reason why you and Mila even met Quinn was because we have been working together to take down another Irish boss. He's been stealing shit and human trafficking women and children. We are trying to stop it. I have thought there was a rat amongst us but I wasn't sure. Someone was feeding him information on our shipments that were getting stolen. Now that shots were fired at our wedding, it's clear what's happening," he informs me.
      I stay silent, not knowing what to say or even how to respond.
     "Mila and Marco were seeing each other," I state.
     Viktor frowns, "what do you mean by 'seeing each other' ?" He questions.
     I gulp, "erm... sleeping together, dates... you know?" I whisper.
     "Motherfucker!" He screams.